French Quartyer 2004 | FerrariChat

French Quartyer 2004

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by parkerfe, Dec 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Does anyone know what the date for next year will be and when notices will be published ?

2. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.

The French Quarter Classic 5, will take place from November 11th to 14th, 2004. Spots are very limited. We will be accepting approximately 100 cars. Invitations will be sent out in the next two months to invite first those participants of previous years. Those people will have a tentative reservation, and spots will be held for them for a certain timeframe. After that timeframe the reservations will expire, those spots will free up, and new invitations will be sent out.

Although this is an invitational only event, with past participants being invited first, there will be many spots availble for additional guests. These spots will be created by increasing the event's size by 20%, and the fact that not everyone from years plast will be able to attend.

For those new potiental guests we will be taking applications which will be available online. at www.ferrarifrenchquarterclassic.com. You can download and fill out those applications. The applications will be available online by Jan. 15th. Applications will be reviewed and acceptances will go out well in advance of the event. The acceptance commitee will use some guedelines for new guests. The guidelines are non-exclusive, and just some of the factors used for acceptance of application. The factors are weighted in this order:

1) the date the application is sent in (the earlier the better);
    2) the existance or non-existance of a referal from past guest;
    3) the strength of any referal;
    4) person's driving/participation experience in similar driving/track/concorso events;
    5) Model of car(s), and history;

If you are interested in recieving an application please let us know

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Hey Folks, this thing is almost more fun than the law allows. I highly suggest that anyone thinking of going to get your mojo working. Indeed, the only negative that I can think of from this year's event is that this event can't continue forever. So get it while you can!

DrTax

4. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I've said it once and I'll say it again.....you cannot have a better time with your car and friends then at this event.

5. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yeah Matt, where else would you get the oportunity to snap a cool pic like your avatar or our infamous 140 mph?!?

Dave

6. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    On jackstands, of course.

7. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    LOL! Uhhh yeah, that's the ticket, jackstands.......in my-..uhh...Michael Schumachers garage....yeah....with Rubens holding the camera....yeah, that's the ticket! LOL!

Dave
    (credit to John Lovitz for the confused)

8. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hello John,
    Nowthat I have the dates, I better order some studed tires to get out of the ranch...This will be Winter here, of course, you guys in the swamps land, you don't know what this is all about.
    I will install a plow on the LM if the spoiler can't do the job, power will OK I just wonder for the clearance !!
    See you next year,
    Roland
    F40 LM

9. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    There has been a slight delay in the website applications. The website will be up and ready for the downloading of applications by Friday, Jan. 23rd.

If you are a previous attendee you can expect your invitation by Febuary 5th.

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...!

11. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I want to go. I NEED to go. My life may actually depend on GOING!

I will of coarse complete and mail in an application. What else can I do? I drive a Daytona. I would drive it to the event... on the track.... heck I may even let my wife drive it if I get into this thing!

Bribery? Begging? What exactly is the best way to get into this thing?????

Terry Springer
    '69 Daytona 12775

Anyone here on F-chat willing to give me some sort of valuable referral????????

*** I did fax over the entry.... Im guessing it would be smart to wait for confirmation of acceptance before making hotel reservations?

12. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Terry

I am pretty sure the organizers would love to have you, your wife, and your Daytona be a part of this incredible event. Hope you make it!:)

13. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank

14. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Your priorities are off, dude! Way off! ;)

15. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I have already faxed in my application and reserved a suite. My wife and I are both crossing our fingers that we are invited and look forward to driving the Boxer through the streets of New Orleans.

16. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    There is NOTHING more important than SAT NIGHT in TIGER Stadium . NOTHING. The only possibility of missing a game would be a non SEC game but I will never miss a SEC game. Besides my wife grew up in Alabama :)

17. detltu

detltu Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Full Name:
    David Taylor
    Sorry I'm goin to see the Ferrari's!

18. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Terry:

We have 20 added spots set aside for vintage/classic cars. We have only about 4-5 vintage/classic applications ahead of you. Your car will count as vintage/classic, so if you Fax in your application in the next week, and you should have no problem getting one of those spots.

See you in New Orleans! "Bring your helmet, your tux, and hold onto your hat!" '04 will be a great ride.

As an aside the Video is out. You may wish to order a copy. It is really fantastic, and gives you a great pre-view of what will be bigger and better this year.

19. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Excellent! My application is already there....

I'll go ahead and do the hotel reservation and call off the huge mail in campaign of pleading referrals and the Michael Jackson extorsion scheme that Frank swore would work. See all you F-car nuts in New Orleans!

Terry

20. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    The bottom line is that every year gets better exponentially. I wish that I could be there this upcoming year, but I will be living in Spain.

This is an event that breaks all barriers each and every year. I know that all participants will more than get their $$$ worth(Frank, Dale, Terry, Malcolmb, Roland, Dave, John, Jim, Kelly and many many lucky more...)

A fantastic event that is quicky becoming one of the premier Ferrari events of the world.

See "FQQ III" threads when searching. DES and Matt Lamotte came down, due to John Houtaling's generosity. I was fortunant enough to briefly meet most of the LA crew, and if you miss out next year...........too bad...

Luckily I got to move 2 333sps into place, along with the Breadvan, and finally Monte's early 60s NART f1 car. Talk about a treat!!!

If you miss this event you will be left wondering how/why you neglected one of the top 3 Ferrrari experiences of the year...
    FORZA FERRARI!

21. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    John, a Boxer is a classic car too you know. The Ferrari company itself has it listed as a classic in the spare parts section on the Ferrari owners web site !

22. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    E-mail me privately.