Arnage 1 | FerrariChat

Arnage 1

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Juice It, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #1 Juice It, Nov 3, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
    DAMN that is a beautiful car!

3. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

Very beautiful car.. More pictures?

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    PURE GORGEOSITY!!!!!!!!!

you post some more damn pics or i'll have to fly out there to kick your ass!

so beautiful, jeff. congrats!

doody!

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Beautiful!!! More!

--Dan

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Awesome! Everyone else can have their 500hp Benzes, and ill take an Arnage anyday. Nothing Exceeds, like Excess.

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I'm with Allan here. Have liked the Arnage since inception. And they just keep getting better and better. Arnage T, please. You have the perfect color scheme (black/black/full machined aluminium trim). Close second wuold be titanium, I guess, with the same interior.

--Dan

PS: and used is better than new, given the depreciation hit! :D

8. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Dan,
    I am with you on the T but unfortunately I didn't have the sack to Pony up for it. The T's didn't come out until 2002 and have not taken that hit yet. Mine is a 2000 that I got a few months back with 6k miles. It doesn't have the turned alluminum or the drilled pedals which I would love but it does have plenty of wood and the worst stereo that a 210k plus new car could have which is soon to be replaced!

Jeff

9. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Wanna bet about that stereo? Try the Maranello! :D I've been meaning to go have mine replaced. Simple stuff will make a world of a difference.

You are right on the money with the 2k model. I too would never pony up for a T right now (knowing it'll lose another 30% still in a year or so), but I *love* the wheels on them. :D

--Dan

10. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thats funny because my 355 spider has the biggest POS stereo as well. Everyone says you never listen to the stereo in those cars anyway which is total BS. I would expect that these highline cars would get with the program and make a deal with HarmonKardon or Mark Levinson or something and produce a system worthy of the cars. I hate the thought of having to have my whole car ripped apart by someone to replace the stereo and therefore never did it in the 355 but it pisses me off every time I want to hear it while I am driving.

Jeff

11. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I have the older Sony unit (mine's a 97), and it's as bad as the later becker ones.

The fix I've heard is pretty simple: new front speakers, new tweeters, new head unit, new changer, add a sub behind the driver, and a good amp. Keep the rears since they're there for filler anyways. Total cost ~3k, but that's because the sub enclosure (resin covered in leather) and the amp bracket (designed to reduce trunk space by less than an inch) were already made for someone else. Of that, the amp is half the cost.

Not a brilliant system, but it's a car - I'm not looking for acoustic perfection. Just a good system that should've been there ni the first place. And while I admit this is the first car I have gone in w/o listening to a cd... my impulse is to immediately turn the stereo on...

--Dan

12. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    dan - my guys told me they'd get a low-profile amp under the driver's seat (don't lose any trunk space) and put the sub in a custom enclosure behind the passenger's seat (no restriction of driver movement). they quoted me WAY higher though!

doody.

13. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    A low profile amp under the seat, huh? I will go back and ask for specifics on the whole thing.

Mark Freeman had a similar install to me. The amp was mounted against the back wall (which you face when opening the trunk) and reduction was minimal at best. Plus, nothing was installed in a manner that it couldn't be uninstalled in minutes.

--Dan

14. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Jeff.
    Sweet car! As the parts manager at a Bentley Dealership, you can purchase the drilled pedals sepratley. As well, there is a kit to replace the outer doors handles with the knurled finish.

Red Labels and T's are FUN FUN cars to drive. I have on many occasions taken a Big B over a F car. I love the fact that they will just pull and pull. The steros do leave a TON to be desired. Wish they would go back to the Alpine units. Oh well. Time to updgrade it! If you ever have any questions, feel free to contact me by email or PM.

Cheers

r

15. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Bentleys paint jobs are amazing!

16. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    You guys are obviously going TOO high end (gorgeous car BTW)....My Range Rover has a fantastic stereo...Harman Kardon...all as standard as there are no options on the HSE. In fact I think if I turn the speakers round the added thrust increases acceleration ;-)
    See ya
    Simon

17. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Mark Levinson isn't too high end. Nither is Harmon Kardon. When you pay more than 60K$ I'd expect to get a nice system (instead of that Bose crap in the SL) when a nine year old LS gets Nakamichi!

18. 360bambam

360bambam Rookie

Nov 12, 2003
    Bentley, egh, this si ferrarichat.com not bentleychat.com

eeew

why would u ever buy one, ahve u heard of a maybach? if not research it, if u cant afford it, at least get an S55.

19. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Bentley is Tops, Mercedes is common and dull.