Where Can I Get OE ATE Brake Pads For A 308? | FerrariChat

Where Can I Get OE ATE Brake Pads For A 308?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by donaldh2o, Dec 19, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donaldh2o

donaldh2o Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Irvine CA
    Full Name:
    Don
    Time to reshoe the 76 308. Prefer running original equipment ATE pads.

Also want new ATE brake hoses all around.

Don't know where to get them.

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Ferrari UK?

3. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    I may be mistaken, but isn't the current OEM style pad Ferrodo or something like that...
    At any rate you might visit tirerack.com
    While they do not carry an ATE brand pad for the 308,
    they do carry what most folks consider much nicer pads than stock.
    I have used the EBC Greenstuff pads in my 308,
    and others have been happy with the Hawks.

Good Luck in your search!

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp?category=Pads&scat=Pads&category=Rotors&scat=Rotors&autoMake=Ferrari&autoModel=308&autoModClar=&autoYear=1976&brand=all&perfcat=premium&perfcat=perf&perfcat=track&x=90&y=10

4. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I would have to agree with Dave, the pad compositions have improved a lot in the past 25 years, so why pay big bucks for old technology? There are many newer designs at less cost available. As Dave said, the EBC greenstuff are well liked, as are Hawk, Axxis, Performance Friction and others....

I just bought a set of Axxis Deluxe Plus pads for the f/r of my 328GTS, they are considered only marginally better than stock, but are claimed to produce way less dust than the stock pads. For my type of driving, they should be suitable (no tracking). About $75 for both sets delivered...

Here is a little more info on the Axxis line, if you are interested:
    http://www.zeckhausen.com/axxis_pads.htm

5. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Don I thought that you put the Bendix Mercedes pads on? Did they not fit or did you not like them?

6. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    Talk to Frank At AW Imports 1 800 631 5589 . He has what you want.

7. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    You might want to try brakewarehouse.com I replaced the pads on my 308 with Rotex pads,carbon metallic. Great pads and absolutely no brake dust.

8. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Good call on www.brakewarehouse.com, that is where I recently ordered my Axxis Deluxe Plus pads...good prices.

BTW, the Rotex pad is kevlar/metallic. I used them on my Honda Accord, and while better than the stock pad, the pedal feel was not so good (soft like the oem) and still dusted quite a bit, though it was more of a brownish dust, rather than the black stuff. They did last a long time, and I swapped them out after 70k miles(!) and installed the Axxis Metalmasters and the pedal feel was much better, as was the fade resistance (lot of hills where I live). The Metalmasters also dusted about the same as the Rotex.

I have yet to find a pad that lives up to the "no dust" or even "much less dust" claims...we'll see with the Axxis Deluxe Plus.

BTW, not completely bagging on the Rotex pad. Each application (car) could be different, and for the 308 it may be fine.