X5 v. Cayenne v. M-500 v. ???? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

X5 v. Cayenne v. M-500 v. ????

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Texas Forever, Dec 19, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 03 Lincoln Navigator with Ultimate Luxury package. Extremly nice ride and not as flashy and doesnt have the boxy Escalade look. The 03 range rover is a bit to delicate for my taystes the BMW 4.6IS is a nice choice and the G500 is nice also.

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Pic of the day, Dr.Tax seen leaving his local GM dealer.

3. shelbee

shelbee Guest

There are only two REAL SUV in my world.

You want comfort (usually for girls and moms) get the Range Rover.

For me, it is only Mercedes Benz Glandewagen (G) class. I love my short wheel base G 500 and for 4 door, get G55

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Dr.
    I love my wife's turbo cayenne. I'd test drive a regular one as well. If you get one go for the air suspention. It's worth it. If I could only have one vehicle this is the one I'd have.
    Best

5. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Is it growing on you yet??

6. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    I would seriously consider the Range Rover. I just got an '04 and I love it! The quality of the interior materials is better than all the other SUVs mentioned. Ride quality is pretty good. Power is pretty good too. Interior space is bigger than the x5/ML. Several good friends with '03's have had superb reliability. Remember, the '03 and '04 are the newest generation RR and were designed by BMW. They are basically like a 7 series (previous generation) on stilts. I'd check it out before purchasing.

7. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I love the convertible as well,

8. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Highly recommend the Lexus LX470. Or its cheaper cousin, the Toyota Land Cruiser.

9. I forgot about the Lexus LX470 it is also a really nice there is also the GX470 also.

10. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    David Chambers
    Writerguy called it yesterday, but the Land Rover Disco is a good choice if you don't plan on carrying more than one passenger very often. I dug mine because it made few comprimises to the people who want a nice streeter. I used mine off-road often and it was great.

Pros: Hard core, awesome off-road capability. Sturdy truck like construction. Not flashy.

Cons: Slow, poor mileage, somewhat tight interior. Not flashy (little of the "check out the cash I spent on this bad boy and it's gold package and 19ers"). Lousy for folks in the back seat.

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    The new Range Rovers are really nice, terrific ride and beautiful interior. BMW Engine and Tranny. My wife has an X5 it is a very nice ride but the interior doesn't have too much room especially the trunk area.

12. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Is the tax writeoff good for buying a preowned vehicle, or does it have to be new?

Ed