Vancouver members... | FerrariChat

Vancouver members...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Peter, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    This thread was started at the old board yesterday. Lets get it rolling again (Hello, Drew?).

2. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    Coquitlam checking in!

3. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    #3 Peter, Nov 3, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ahh, Coquitlam, stomping grounds for me back in '97 (rented a basement suite at a house just off of Johnson)...

Did you happen to go to the Newport Villiage Italian day back in August? The Alfa Romeo and Ferrari clubs had a vehicle display there (I'm a member of both!).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. steve2814

steve2814 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    Richmond here :)

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Hey, not from Vancouver, but I'm up there all the time! Love Coquitlam; that has got to be one of the largest Ikea stores in North America you have there; and my BMW came from Brian Jessel.

Richmond, ahhhh, can't visit there without a stop at Yaohan. Sun Sui Wah Seafood Restaurant is my new favorite Chinese eatery....

6. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Richmond over here!

7. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    SOB! I missed the Newport Village event, was out of town most of August, and I even drive by there every day on the way down the hill :-(

I found the guys at Brian Jessel BMW to be great - I looked at a few 328's over there a few years back, but went with the Mustang instead, now time to upgrade though.

And Ikea - don't get me started. I find ourselves with a minivan in the stable just because it holds more Ikea stuff . I've managed to avoid it, but the parking lot alone must be larger than that of most NFL stadiums.

During the rainstorm a few weeks back saw a pair of red 328GTS' together on #1, guess they were headed up to Whistler for the rainout.

8. lotga

lotga Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Richmond, B.C.
    Another Richmonder here.

9. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Well, you are all invited down to Semiahmoo this Saturday (11/8), we are meeting the Western Canada FCA guys for lunch around 12:30pm.

I will return Saturday afternoon to Vancouver with the gang and visit the girlfriend. If you see a red 328GTS with WA State plate driving around Saturday afternoon or Sunday, that's me!

10. steve2814

steve2814 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    My family and I eat there quite a bit! Small world....

Does anyone have any news on a new Ferrari dealership to replace Brian Jessel Ferrari?

And for the Richmond guys, what part of the city are you in?
    I'm in Terra Nova (No 1 and Westminster)

11. lotga

lotga Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Richmond, B.C.
    Corner of Granville and Railway, across from Burnett. BTW, have you ever seen a blue 360 with a Hanmann kit running around town?

12. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Hey, went to Richmond Sushi Saturday night...not bad..ordered off the menu, rather than do the "all you can eat" thing, that seems so popular at all the "Chinese owned/Japanese restaurants". :) Sure seemed popular, quite a line up, but then all these "all you can eat" places seem to pack in the younger asian crowd.

Went down toward Delta to that entertainment complex...forget the name, and ran into Herman Leong...a fellow Ferrari Club member! He saw my car parked in front of the theater and was wondering if it was me or not...

13. lotga

lotga Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Richmond, B.C.
    Dave, I’m guessing that you went to SilverCity. The all you can eat sushi restaurants provides a good filling meal for ~$11, but getting incorrect portions, something you didn’t order, or nothing at all is quite common hehe.

When is the next time that you’ll be in Richmond? I’d love to see your 328!

14. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Probably not for a while...I come up at least once or twice a month, but prefer to drive my BMW 540i. My girlfriend has a three car gararge full of stuff other than cars....and I hate parking the F-car out on the street, as Vancouver seems to be plagued with auto theft and car prowls. At least the BMW is less desireable, and has a better immobilizer and alarm...

I will try to bring it up sometime after the first of the year...will keep you posted.

15. ferrariguy

ferrariguy Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2002
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Lawrence Yee
    Hey Dave!

Even though you're in the States you sure know Vancouver pretty well, better than me! :)

If you see Herman again tell him I said hi. Was Ed there too?

16. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    No Ed, Herman was apparently with a buddy...

My girlfriend says the same thing! I know my way around the Vancouver area better than she does... :) I spent a couple years covering Vancouver and Victoria for my employer as a sales rep, so I had to know my way around...we got bought by another company that already had a rep in Whiterock, so I only cover WA and AK now. But some up once or twice a month.

BTW, Nexus rocks, I highly recommend that anyone crossing the border apply for a Nexus pass. I used mine for the first time this past weekend and breezed pass a hour long line in the Nexus lane. Did it in the 328, so all those waiting must have thought I was some "rich bastard"...nothing could be further from the truth

17. Tactic

Tactic Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Richmond.bc.ca
    Also in Richmond, I'm just on Westminster and No 2. Just before the the lights on the left..

18. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    light blue? or dark blue?.......there are 2 highly modified 360s running around richmond....ones light blue with a challenge grill and the other is a dark blue one with a challenge grill and chrome wheels

19. lotga

lotga Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Richmond, B.C.
    ToddB, the 360 was dark blue (Tour De France blue?) with the modifications you mentioned. I've also seen a California Blue Spider with a challenge grille heading west on Westminster, is that a local car too?

Tactic, my friend lives right behind Chevron. His name is Kendrick, do you know him?

20. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    yep it is tour de france blue .....the california blue spider u are talking about lives right off of 2 road........my friends uncle also has a california blue spider and a silver 360 but he lives in vancouver

21. Tactic

Tactic Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Richmond.bc.ca
    No, Also a common Ferrari running around richmond and van is a nice 360 Coupe in Rossa Red. I've seen it around numerous times. Sadly thats almost as close as I've got to a Ferrari. I still haven't got a ride in one or touched one. lol

22. steve2814

steve2814 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    I havent seen the TDF 360 or the lighter blue 360 you guys are talking about...I have seen a red 360 on gilbert/westminster once, in the summer.

I've seen a few 550s in Vancouver, none in Richmond though.

23. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    I've also seen and oogled over that tour de france blue 360 Modena at the BMW Z4 introduction at Jessel quite a while back. It's the only highly modified 360 I have seen in the area. I believe most of the mods come from Hamann

Also, judging from this post and other posts in other threads I'm 100% sure I know who your friend's uncle/aunts is. His spider is grigio titanio with a black interior and her modena is silver/greyinterior like you said. Very nice garage!

P.S. both are 6 speed cars

24. leviathan

leviathan Rookie

Dec 3, 2003
    Hey guys, new to the forums but an avid Ferrari fan. I'm a UBC student for now, but hopefully one day I can own one. :)

I've only seen three Ferrari's before. One 360 Modena in downtown, by English Bay, one 360 Modena in White Rock, and one F355 filling up at a gas station on West Broadway. Anyone have any tips of where to go to see them? I'd love to be able to sit inside one of them at a dealership or something...if only they would let me.

25. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    I suggest driving by nice restaurants with valet parking in downtown Vancouver and you'll have a good chances of seeing one. I would go between 7 and 10 pm on busy nights. I suggest you drive by "Il Giardino de Umberto" on Burrard and Pacific, The Opus hotel, Cioppino's and Circolo all in Yaletown regularly have Ferrari's parked out front.

Since we're temporarily out of a new Ferrari car dealership for a little bit, London Motor cars currently have two Ferrari's in inventory, a red Modena and a grigio alloy spider in stock. You might want to check those out. It's on Burrard and 6th