French Quarter Classic 2003 Video Update | FerrariChat

French Quarter Classic 2003 Video Update

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by richard, Dec 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Howdy folks,

Just wanted to post and update about the video being produced for the event. Joe Zahavi, the guy doing the VHS tape that many of you have signed up for, finished working on the tape earlier this week. Upon seeing the footage, Franco was happy but insisted on some additonal footage being included into the film. So now both Joe and I are waiting on additional footage before we can continue with the movie and get everything printed to tape or DVD.

To ease your nerves, the footage we are waiting on is DEFINITELY worth the wait. I won't say anything about what it is, but you will surely be amazed when you see it!

I hope everyone is having a happy holiday season and enjoying their f-cars!

Cheers,
    Richard Thompson

2. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Also...if any members have the DiVX codec installed, please let me know. If enough people are interested I will post a trailer of the movie we have been working on independently of Joe Zahavi.

If you don't know what DiVX is, don't worry about it :)

3. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I have Divx. I don't know exactly what it is,but I know I needed it to watch a video once so I installed it. And as we discussed last Sat, I'd LOVE to se a "directors cut"!

Dave

BTW, we tried to do the final footage at the shop yesterday but couldn't. I think Joe is going back today.

4. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    Richard do we have a choice of DVD or VHS? I thought you were only doing VHS.
    Can't wait for the video.
    Yes I have Divx

5. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Hey guys, sorry....I meant XViD! It is actually the next progression of DiVX and a lot of internet-encoded movies are starting to use it.

Here is a link the video codec, which is open source. Just install the file and it will add the codec to your Windows Media Player. (If you use a Mac, VideoLan comes with XViD).

Here is a link to the movie teaser (Save Target As)

As you will see when you download the clip, we are calling our movie "French Quarter Frenzy" :)

Chip, I am not producing the VHS tape. While I have worked very closely with Joe Zahavi (guy doing the tape) through most of the process, me and one of my cohorts from college (we major in video editing) have been doing a video of our own. Same footage as the VHS tape (basically), but about 10 minutes longer and MUCH different editing techniques. It is also (obviously) produced to DVD with interactive menus, scene selection, extras, and even some bonus content if you put the disc in your computer.

I know some of you guys would really prefer the film on DVD, but I'm acutely aware that the other video is being distributed and I don't want to step on any toes, muddy up the water, etc. Instead, when our DVD is done I will mail John a copy, and if he gives me permission I will distribute a small number of copies to the New Orleans members who have asked me for it. Until then it has to remain a student film.

Hope this helps,
    Richard

6. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is TOTALLY F % & # $ ! @ G AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Very cool.

How did you get that camera angle for the spin out of the 360?

8. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    Richard,
    That Video is incredible.
    You did a great job!!!!!!!!!!!

9. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Thanks guys,

I will keep all posted on what's going on as it happens.

10. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    For those of you waiting on the tape/DVD, be patient. We are going through some revisions, so that we can include all of the "fun." If you missed it we want you to see what you missed. For those of you who were promised a tape earlier, you can blame me, not the producers. I have just recieved some film that really needs a place in this picture. The finished product will, like the event itself, be very upscale and professional. It will take a little longer, but, the finished video will be worth it. I promise.

11. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    John its better that it is done right than fast
    The clip that Richard posted is very professionally done.

12. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    John, I hope maggie and Gary poushing my Daytona makes the cut, we will need that footage to get your restoration started, wont we? Regards, Malcolm

13. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    Several of us want the DVD media because we don't have VHS recorders any more. We don't care about menu's, just the video on DVD. Can you do that??

My 2 Cents.
    Kelly

14. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    It will definitely be available on DVD when John & Franco are satisfied with the production aspect of the movie.