Pagani Zonda in Miami?? | FerrariChat

Pagani Zonda in Miami??

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Robin, Nov 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Just heard through the grapevine that a truck dropped off a blue Pagani Zonda at Ray's house..??? Anyone know the scoop? I thought those weren't going to be available here until next year sometime. Inquiring minds wanna know! :)

-R

2. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    A friend of a friend has a silver one in the states- and I believe Wyclef has one in the states also.

3. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    How is it possible? :confused:

4. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    Paul Walker (actor) has one as well.

5. threesixty db

threesixty db Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2002
    Canada
    A blue one has been delivered. Who's Ray?

6. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    He's the Squid in Miami with the yellow Enzo...

-R

7. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I have an e-mail out to Ray to see what he is up to.

Doubt it but you never know.

8. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Ray had his Enzo at the French Quarter Classic two weeks ago...it took quite a beating!

Also...there was a silver Zonda, as well as its creator (Horacio Pagani) here in Savannah at my college for the opening of our new product design building. Pagani did a lecture, answered questions, and even raced the C12 around a nearby track. Pretty cool :)

9. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    What do you mean "took a beating"?

He said he just did a few reconisance laps with it for show and then parked it.

That lying son of a gun!!! :)

10. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    They had a small accident unloading it. I'm sure if you call him he'll tell you all about it. If you do talk to him tell him thanks for my profile picture. He also had a big scare with his Challenge car. They forgot to lock his hood pins when he went out and the windshield popped up while he was cruising. It almost blew out the entire piece of glass. He stayed in a pretty good mood despite it all.

11. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Hey Miami348TS........is that you Martin? New code name?

12. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I spoke to Ray on Monday and he did not say anything about the scratch on the Enzo or the hood blowing open on the Challenge car. But I know it did happen.

13. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    I am sad to say there are definitely scratches on his car. I wish it wasn't true, but I saw it with my own two eyes. I am sure they are in one of my photos...it was two scratches on the back left "quarter" panel near the wheel. The scratches were almost identical and right next to each other (.5 inch apart), running parallel down the car horizontally. Not incredibly deep (could not see any black of carbon fibre) but they were definitely well into the primer coat on the paint -- the deepest part of the scratches was all white.

As for the Challenge car I did not witness any of that happening...he said during dinner the night after the Concourse that the windshield "exploded"...he actually corrected Franco with that word because Franco said "broke". The other guy filming the event and I both have him saying that on video. For some reason I was under the impression that a wheel came off and up over the car to cause that damage, I was not aware that it was the hood. I could swear Franco said something about not pinning a wheel into place...don't quote me on that though.

He was an incredible sport about the whole thing and laughingly said that if that's what it took for him to have a good time with his friends then so be it, and next year after the event he'd take a bat and break his windshield :D

Out of personal curiosity, what does Ray do for a living?

14. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Ray likes to keep a low profile as far as work is concerned. Sorry.

15. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Lets just say Ray is self employed! :)

Ray has a track record of being "cool" about accidents. There is a reason why he is nicknamed: Calamari Fritti.

The scratches are horrible. I am sure he was fuming when he saw that. I probably would have been arrested for murder that moment.

Can you say Free Trucking for Life?

16. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Ray was definitly cool about it from what I could tell. I imagine the trucking company will have to cover the scratches. Anyone have any clue as to how much a scratch like that might cost to fix. As for his windshield it looked like a bomb had gone off. Someone posted a picture of it on the other board right after the event. Even though he had a rough time at the track he still said it was worth coming over for. I only chatted with him briefly but he seemed like a real cool guy.

17. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    He IS a very cool guy and one of the most pleasant people you can meet. You can shoot the sh+t with him and have serious conversations. Just an overall great guy.

That picture of you is that Ray's car?

18. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    It sure is. Me and my friend Ryan were at the New Orleans event when I met him. He was parked off to the side and you could tell he was frustrated after the day he had. However even after everything he had happen he had no problem letting us check it out. I ran into him later that night on Bourbon Street and he acted like nothing ever happened. He's not going to have to send the car back just to have that scratch repaired right? I'm sure that the carrier that scratched it will be responsible but who will do the repairs?

19. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    You will be happy to know that both, his glass and his scratch are already repaired. The scratch was blended in and looks good and the glass replaced. He had both cars out at Maranello Madness and was all smiles about it.

The only thing I forgot to ask him was about the Zonda.

Sorry.