folding roof for 355gts | FerrariChat

folding roof for 355gts

Discussion in '348/355' started by lotusk, Nov 4, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lotusk

lotusk Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London UK
    I want to buy a folding targa roof for my 355. Can someone confirm if the same item from a 348gts fits the 355

2. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    It is the same top. The top was never an option from the factory, but I'm led to believe that Ferrari North America did offer it. Sounds a bit fishy, but I've heard it from a couple of sources. I've seen it for sale with prices from $300 to $1300. Good luck finding one; they're relatively rare. I'd check with Maranello Auto Parts and the other usual suspects.

vty,

--Dennis

3. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have the parts manual for the 355, and there was a part number for this. It is not with me right now, but when I get a hold of it, I'll post the P/N for you. Dunno if that will help or not, for I don't know if a dealer can order this part or if its discontinued or what.

I know this question came up once on the old board and I also posted the part number there. I am not sure if it helped then, but if you do a search on the old board, you might find my post of the P/N there if you don't want to wait.

4. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Lotusk
    I just bought one for my 348 Turbo. I bought it from a guy in Tenn, and will take delivery soon. If you'd like, I can try in on your car for fit. I live in Memphis. Just swing by!

5. lotusk

lotusk Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London UK
    thanks for your help and a part number would be great.

6. lotusk

lotusk Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London UK
    i think you bought the one that i was going to buy!
    was the seller's name richard?