P-car GT2 or F-Car 360CS Which one? | FerrariChat

P-car GT2 or F-Car 360CS Which one?

Discussion in '360/430' started by LLM, Nov 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LLM

LLM Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Just curious as to which one you would have in your garage and what you would recommend based on my expected use.

I would take it to the track only a few times a year. Mostly used for local club runs, transportation to car shows, Pebble, etc. Maybe enter it in a few shows for fun, Sunday drives with other car freaks, get-a-way car for bank heists, you know regular stuff like that!

Also, at the end of the day when you're ready to sell and get the next toy, which one would you expect to take the least hit on? I would suspect the 360CS would win hands down in that catagory, but maybe not?

What are your thoughts?

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    30 seconds inside each interior and you know the CS wins hands down.

--Dan

3. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    This is a Ferrari board.

What do you think we're gonna say? :)

4. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    360CS all the way. It will definitely hold its value better - Ferrari's and especially a limited edition one - are better than P's in this regard. I would suspect that the new GT2 which has even more horsepower will be faster. But I think the CS will sound better, will handle better, is plenty fast enough - geared low - and is jus plain and simple sexier by far - no comparison.

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I'd rather have a GT2 than a 360, the GT2 makes me horny :)

6. jwkc

jwkc Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    HONG KONG,Philippine
    Full Name:
    JOSEPH
    For sure go for a 360 CS ,because already got a GT2 :)

7. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    William H: Is there anything that DOESN'T make you horny?

8. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    CS, I want that car. I would order one, but I have a 360 and I am holding out.

9. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    The GT2 is for sure faster, no question, but the CS is going to be more fun to drive, and will sound roughly 500 times better. The CS is almost certainly going to retain value better. Either car would be a terrific addition to an enthusiast's garage, enjoy!

10. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Well I seriously considered a GT2 before I bought my 360 and probably would have done if dealers hadn't been asking for 50-70K over list at the time (April 2002). GT2s can now be had new for list - ie with some negotiation less than list, esp since there is a new factory model with more horsepower.

I do think the new GT2 with the carbon fiber rear wing is VERY horny, and so is the new GT3 RS which isn't coming to the US. However I'm buying a CS - its just too cool not to :)

Now all I have to worry about is the CC brake replacement cost.

11. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Reminds me of a joke, " Back in College my roomates used to jump on anything that moved, I never felt the need to limit myself" :)

12. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Gt2 or 360= GT2
    Gt2 or 360CS=360Cs

Although, a Gt2 with some mods would be a monster.

13. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    there was a thread earlier about the cost of replacing the brakes on the GT2 and it was pretty rough, especially for how often they had to be replaced. i'm hoping the CS won't have the same problem.

but if i were to choose between the two it would depend on what i plan to do with them. the GT2 has more amenities and seems more realistic to drive everyday. which really brings on the sense that it is a tame animal. on the other hand a 360CS is anything but that. after hearing it scream down a straight hitting the rev limiter it really makes you think twice before even bringing the world "tame" into the same sentance as 360CS.

anyway, if it were up to me i'd choose the 360CS. i definetly agree the new GT2 is damn sexy, again with CF wings, but it doesn't seem to bring out the same emotion a 360CS would.

14. stradale

stradale Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    So Cal.
    Definitely the 360CS. It's sexier and I'm partial to F-cars. :)

15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I haven't been in a CS (love the pics of it though)... but if you've been in a regular Challenge car on the track you'd know that you'd buy the CS if the experience was anything like it (the sound! oh heavens, the sound!!).

16. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Just a thought. if i was driving my P-Car around town there is a good chance that I would see 2 or 3 very similar looking cars and whether they were gt2 or gt3 is a little hard to discern so therefore if i was looking for that exclusivity I would only go for the 360 besides which performance aside the f-car stirs the blood like no other regards Tony

17. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Sorry stuffed up my reply. I would go with the f-car as nothing stirs the blood like the 360cs and the likelhood of pulling up at the traffic lights and having the same looking car next to you is almost nil regards Tony