there is only one car that should carry the name stradale! | FerrariChat

there is only one car that should carry the name stradale!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ferraripete, Dec 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i am still trying to understand why the ferrari chose to call the new limited production 360 cs the "stradale"?

to me there is only one real stradale...the alfa tipo 33 stradale and it seems to me it is the only car that can simply be called "the stradale" and any real car enthusiast knows exactly what it is! the stradale is literally art on wheels and may be one the if not the most sexy and unique cars in history.

please tell me what is so sexy and unique on the 360 cs and is so different than the standard 360? i looked at the dyno chart in a previous thread and even it is not all that spectacular!?

last comment...ferrari (imho) has only built one car that may have been built in the spirit of the alfa tipo 33 stradale...that would be the f-40.

hope this does not sound too much like a rant?

2. Ontogenetik

Ontogenetik Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    stradale means street. it is not a model's name per se.
    similar to gt, s etc.

3. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    #3 348paul, Dec 20, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. ferraripete

omg...what a car!! thanks for posting the photo. it really is breathtaking.

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Ferraripete does have a good point.

Alfa Romeo called the 33 road car the 'stradale' because it was a street version of a full on RACE car the T33. Underneath that body is a T33 race car 100%.

The 360 Stradale is not a street version of a race car, it is a modified road car that is a little tiny bit faster. It is an abuse of the term IMO.

But Alfa Romeo are guilty of this game to with the new GTA which is not a light weight at all ... and another abuse of the name.

In the end it is all marketing BS ...

Pete

6. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Actually, I think Ferrari is claiming that the 360CS is the street version of a 360 Challenge...so I guess it IS a street version of a race car...in the eyes of Ferrari at least.

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes but the 360 Challenge and all 360 cars are based on a road car design. The T33 was designed 100% as a race car and the Stradale is the only road version ... big difference.

Ferrari have modified a road design for racing, ie. 360 to 360 Challenge, Alfa Romeo modified a full race car to make a few road cars.

The last Ferrari race car that was not a F1 car was the 333, everything else is simply modified road cars.

Anyway some d!ckhead marketing person probably names the cars and knows or cares very little about the proper names, just that they sell :)

Pete

8. Ontogenetik

Ontogenetik Karting

Nov 2, 2003
  9. ferraripete

yes, psk...i agree, it is all about marketing and how many cars you can sell. well so much for exclusivity.

seems to me the real stradale should have its' own web site for posters...how about stradalechat.com?

the tipo 33 was really a special series of cars from an awesome era of racing. i actually spent some time around the 33 of tom holfelder at speed week at coronado. what a privilege to stand next to and even better to see it at speed. it was amazing to see it litterally out run all the fia cars off the corners. even the hot rodded lola t70 mkIII

10. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff

That car is beautiful. Nice pic!

11. SED

SED Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Beautiful car!

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete

Hey Ferraripete, you were one lucky fellow :) :), very jealous.

I would love to own a T33/2, er, actually any model I guess :) ... and even a Ferrari 360 Stradale would not be too bad either :)

Pete