360 CS - Tire Replacement | FerrariChat

360 CS - Tire Replacement

Discussion in '360/430' started by yimn, Dec 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    I just checked the Pirelli Web about the tires on the CS and no info is available. Apparently, P-zereo corsa in those sizes are not widely available if at all and the only way to get them is through the F-dealer, which I am sure will cost you an arm and a leg. Has anyone tried to source those tires anywhere? Please share your information.

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Can't you just substitute with other brands of tires for the time being? Michelins or Bridgestones, perhaps.

3. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    You should be able to get them direct from Pirelli, I tried to get a set of P-Zero corsas for my regular 360 when I replaced the tires a few months ago. They could have shipped them, but at the time they were not made in sizes to fit the regular 360 wheels.

I'd expect them to be similar in price to the regular P-Zero's, maybe 1-200 USD more, but also to last fewer miles...

4. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Just wondering how do these corsa tires compare to stock 360 tires? I find it rather odd that Ferrari doesnt issue their cars with something better like the P-zero Nero.

5. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

The Corsa is DOT legal race tire that was developed for track use.

In regards to grip, braking, and heat build-up the Corsa is a superior tire to the other P zero tires. But, if you are looking for a better rain tire, longer lasting tread life, quieter, cheaper and a better snow tire :) then the P zero's are better.

6. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    i have Bridgestone Potenzas on my 360 modena. the dealership told me those are the best tires for the 360 modena.

7. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    I'm going with Bridgestone for my next set.

8. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I notice the Corsa tires on the CS are quite different from the ones on Tire Rack. Different tread pattern, for sure. Don't know how similar the compound is, haven't seen a test comparing them.

Gary

9. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Potenza s0-3's are the best. Same performance as pirellis and pilots. I have them on my 02' m3. I love them. compared to the pilots they are MUCH cheaper. check out www.tirerack.com

10. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    smart man... you'll be riding like Schumi and Barrichello.

11. matt

matt Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    The tires are not available yet in the U.S. They are Pirelli Corsa's with a tread wear of only 60. It is a very soft compound tire. You can't even buy them from a dealer yet. If you drive the car everyday like I do, the tires will only last about 2000 miles. It is a track tire made for the street. A Bridgestone S03 is not in the same realm of tires as the Corsa, the S03 has a tread wear of 220. Hopefully Ferrari will rectify this problem soon.

12. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Any idea what the difference is between the CS Corsas and the Tire Rack Corsas? I've seen the Tire Rack Corsas on several cars at track days, including a GT2, and the handling seems to be on a par with the Pilot Sport Cup.

Gary

13. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    The Potenza's are a model line. I would assume you have the S03's on there now. They are a good, overall performing street tire. But they are nothing compared to the Corsa. The S03's replaced the S02 Pole Position model. And only the OEM S02's for Honda/Porsche/Ferrari are still made - which are spec'ed out for each of the cars.

Getting something that 'works' as opposed to the right tire all around can be a fatal mistake. Just remember, this is the only thing that touches the ground and if you cheap out on it, don't forget to adjust your driving style to accommidate less-sticky tires. Placing a less-expensive, milage-friendly tire on the car just on the back (since that is what wears the most) will cause your mid-engined car to become more tail happy due to the lack of grip, or rather... equalled grip that you get from the correct tire on the front.

14. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Nah,

I put a set of P-Zero Corsas on my Modena. No problem.
    Tire rack has them.

15. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    These are different from the OE Corsas on the Stradale. I'm not sure to what extent, but the tread pattern is completely different.

Gary

16. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    As stated earlier in this thread, you should be able to get them from Pirelli. I know a guy that has the same tires from the 360 CS on his E46 M3. He said they were expensive, which is understandable, but he found them rather easily.

17. Bolicious

Bolicious Rookie

Dec 2, 2003
    Reading, PA
    Full Name:
    Bo Kristensen
    Potenza S03 Pole Positions
    Best set of tires I have ever had. I'll go nothing else now.

18. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    Can someone point out exactly where I can get them??

19. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Try the tire rack www.tirerack.com

20. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i looked at the tire rack's web site and although they show they have pirelli p zero corsa tires it *seems* they only have them in limited sizes. i could not find the sizes specificed for the 360 stradale (19 inch 225/35 front and 285/35 rear).

21. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    You would have to call them directly for these tires. Sometimes it takes a month or so to get new sizes listed on their site. I do notice that they do have the Stradale listed.

22. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    #22 John B, Dec 26, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    These are the P-Zero Corsa's I put on my 360.

They are a little different than the standard Stradale tire. They are awesome on the track in the dry. I havent tried them in the wet yet nor had enough experience to evaluate life but I expect maybe 3k with my track time.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    Try the SO2-A, much better than the SO-3's.

24. India Whiskey Charlie

India Whiskey Charlie Formula Junior

May 24, 2001
    Way Out West
    John, what sizes are you using? The 215 and 275 are not available.

TIA

25. India Whiskey Charlie

India Whiskey Charlie Formula Junior

May 24, 2001
    Way Out West
    Agreed. S-03 is not even close to any of the maximum performance tire. No feel and no dry grip.