Fisi in red | FerrariChat

Fisi in red

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ferrari_kid, Dec 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
  2. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Hold your horses. News out of Italy this afternoon says that Luca met with Reubens to discuss contract negotiations.

Two way's to look at it:

1) He's trying to figure out how to buy out RB's last year
    2) He's trying to secure RB for another 2 years

Take your pick.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    1995 F355 Challenge #23 (for sale)
    www.flatoutracing.net

3. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I'm a big of Ferrari and Fisichella and I wish one day he will have a Ferrari seat!!
    And yeah looks like Barichello will sign a 2 year deal and then in 2006 both MS and RB are gone.
    Anyway I hope Fisi will get a seat in 06 even if he will be 33 years old then.
    Now he's 30.

4. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    John,

I'd love to see Fisi drive for Ferrari but he will be history by 06. If he doesn't get a top ride soon it's over. I hope he ends up in a better situation then Frentzen did after his last stint at Sauber.

Regards,

Jon

5. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c

rubens has done a trenchermans job for ferrari and i hope he will be rewarded. as long as he keeps on with podium finishes there should be no problem. the way the point values are you don't have to win races to win the championship. i think we all would like to see alonso move over but i don't think renault will turn him loose. fisi seems alot to do about nothing. perhaps rossi can be persauded to try four wheels. ferrari needs a pilot with joi de vie after the schumi years. someone who can bring fun to the team. although winning is fun there's something to be said for panache. i long for the days of bandini and von trips.

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    You forgot to mention the Original Villeneuve! I would love to see RB win his first Championship with Ferrari in 04, but this is MS's team. I think if FISI would go to Williams or Ferrari he could do the job, but with Alonso who would you pick? I think Ferrari will buy him out of his contract as I don't think Kimi will leave Mclaren..

7. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    I don't think it is really as necessary to have an Italian on the Ferrari team anymore these days. When was the last time there was an Italian World Champion? and with everything going global, it is more important to win World Champion with a classy, exciting driver than to dwell on nationality of the driver. I think keeping Ruben would be a mistake as I think he is more than capable of winning GP but may not have what it takes to win a championship. Ferrari should think about having a young driver to pair with Schumacher in the near future, to bring him under his wings sort of speak and develop him. I agree that I don't see Kimi leaving McLaren nor do I see McLaren letting him go. I think Ferrari will make a serious run on Alonso and I have not giving up on Masa just yet, and lets not forget Webber either. I think the 04' season is going to be the year Ferrari evaluate the young drivers and will decide on the post Schumacher era.

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I agree, on your statement. The Last Italian Champion was Alberto Ascari in 54, if you don't count Mario in 78.