Yamaha R1 first week. | FerrariChat

Yamaha R1 first week.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 348 Turbo, Dec 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    I bought my 2003 R1 a week ago now and I've had the chace to warm up to it. Al I can say is "wholly smokes!" This is a fantastic motorcycle! Thanks to all the ones who chimed in to help me make this decision.
    Jeff

2. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Isle of Man, British Isles
    Full Name:
    Clint
    Congrats on the acquisition, what colour(s) did you go for? and did you recieve any discount with the facelifted 2004 R1 around the corner?

Congrats again and ride safely, those are proper fast MOFOs!

3. Dave Radu

Dave Radu Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    San Jose, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave Radu
    congradulations it's a great bike. Hold on and ride safe.

4. ART360

ART360 Guest

Klint:

do they still allow Mad Wednesday? I remember the last time I was there, at least 50 Germans on the ground at Ballicane (sp) that day.

Art

5. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    The bike is Blue and white. It is as new but I bought it with 1100 miles on it, (a give back and court battle subject). I stole it for $6600.
    Here's a pic:

6. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    Clint
    Art,

Small World!

We still have Mad Sunday, the mountain course/road becomes one way...Great fun to be had, but mix with the wrong bikers and you can risk crashing along with some other consequences.

I think your mixing Mad sunday up with the Ramsey sprint which is usually held on the Wednesday of race week.

I think Balliacaine is a farm down the south of the Island, where there's a big, big straight, ideal for high speed "tests", only problem with that is if your front tyre blows or someone pulls out in front of you....eek! Hate to think about that. lol, I'm sure you can understand why.

348 turbo,

That's a beaut!! I'm great fan of Yamaha's blue, reminds me ever so much of BMW's Le Mans blue.

Cheers

7. ART360

ART360 Guest

If you look at the entries for the TT (Senior) for 1986, you'll see my name on a Ducati prepared by Steve Wynne.

Art

8. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    Clint
    You participated?!?! You nutta' :D

Get anywhere?

Clint,