Any owners in SW KS or NW OK? | FerrariChat

Any owners in SW KS or NW OK?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by rjnavion, Dec 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rjnavion

rjnavion Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Gate, OK (western O
    Full Name:
    Ron Judy
    Glad to see an Oklahoma/Kansas Regional section on the Chat group now. I'm a very enthusiastic and proud owner of a '92 512TR purchased last May. I'm located in a remote area of the Oklahoma Panhandle and wonder if there are other owners nearby. One hundred miles is "very close" here and Dodge City, KS is the nearest town anyone might have heard of.

There's an older Ferrari (I think '70's era, but don't know model) at Hugoton, KS but I've never made contact with the owner. I hear it's been there a long time.

Ron Judy

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Not really SW Kansas, but closer to you than KC I grew up in Salina, KS. Jennie's family and my mom still live there. Salina is where I saw my first Ferrari in person, a Testarossa around 1989. I knew of two TR's and a 328 in Salina around that time. There has also been a Lusso in Salina since 1971, but I didn't find out about that one until later. I'm sure there are more, but the only two Ferraris I still know about in Salina are one of those orginal Testarossa's and the Lusso.

3. rjnavion

rjnavion Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Gate, OK (western O
    Full Name:
    Ron Judy
    Thanks, Rob for your reply. It's interesting that there are some Ferrari's closer than Kansas City. I was told by a Ferrari shop in suburban KC that there are about 100 in KC and suburbs. A Testarossa was sold to a dentist in Hutchinson several years ago but I don't know if it's still there.

I was introduced to Ferrari and got Ferrari fever by seeing Steve L.'s 308 in Arlington. You both know each other. My son had made vinyl decals for his racing helmet and I was with him to deliver them and was in awe looking at the car. I think Steve was going to race it at Glen Rose the next day.

I read the postings from the owners around Dallas with great interest as we're in Arlington several times a year and will probably use FofD for the seat belt recall. Right now the car needs clutch slave cylinder work and I have a thread in the tech section seeking advice. Am very anxious to locate the parts and get it running again.

Hope to see you sometime when we're in the Dallas area!

Ron Judy

4. seschroeder

seschroeder Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2002
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Steve Schroeder
    Does Oklahoma City count???

5. rjnavion

rjnavion Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Gate, OK (western O
    Full Name:
    Ron Judy
    Steve,

Sure Oklahoma City counts!! At 220 miles from here it's about the closest Ferrari I've heard of. I've never seen another one on the road in Oklahoma or Kansas, though. Very scarce.

I see you're a pilot. I fly Navions and have for many years, but not professionally.

Ron Judy

6. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #6 Husker, Feb 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2008
    How about Amarillo? Heck, I consider the OK panhandle a part of TEXAS for crying out loud. (No offense intended). If you make it down to Amarillo, give me a shout - I have a '82 308 but hunting for a 348. Seriously give me an email.