Ferrari's replacement for 575. I want this! | FerrariChat

Ferrari's replacement for 575. I want this!

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Mark(study), Dec 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don't like the 612 as a design path, it is new-school retro, and I hope it doesn't influence the path Ferrari is on. When a replacement comes out for the 575, I want to go back to old-school retro :)

How do you start a grass roots effort to get Ferrari to build something like this in a mid 12 for the 575 replacement?

I see a bit of 512BB, maybe a bit of Dino... a little TR maybe? What do you guys think? I like it, except I'd change the window and air scoop.

1715 lbs (I'm guessing that's before he dropped the porsche engine in it)
    Car was designed and built as a prototype by Heinz Kurck who is a freelance computer consultant, and wanted a light good-handling sports car, so he decided to do his own thing, named it GT6, took him 4000 hours. That's all I know.

Ferrari should buy this design from Heinzy Baby!

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Mark, Heinz copied the H out of a late 60s Porsche for that design

3. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    yuck.. i hope not!

4. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I guess I don't know much about old P-cars that look like cool exotics. If its not a 911 shape, I haven't gotten that deep into P's history. Never that interrested.

I still think it looks cool. It would make a nice off-set for Fords new GT. Maybe this time Ferrari would win the race on the streets.

What did the Ferrari look like that ran against the F40? I thought it had the same basic look as the Ford?

Wasn't this one?

5. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    whoops... just found this on slotcar toy thread. Funny timming.

Daytona 24 1967 Ferrari Triple Victory, 3D SLOTCAR DISPLAY 1/32nd Scale

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Thats a track orientated car made by an american i think in honor if the Porsche 904 . Should be lightweight and powerful ( Less than a Ton for 250 hp i think) .

7. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    porsche 904?

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    #8 amenasce, Dec 21, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    You know what I would like to see from Ferrari is something that looks like the 246 GT Dino.

10. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    John T, EXACTLY!!!!!

What Ferrari needs is a lightweight (2100lbs max),
    mid-engine, 6cyl powered (3/4 of a CS engine would be nice)
    sportscar, with a body design using the same principles as the 206/246.
    IMO the 360 was bigger than it shouldve been, and its styling left me confused. Why should a Ferrari have to have lots of luggage space? The 355 was much better looking IMO because it didnt compromise its shape for the occupants sake.

A destroked 6cyl version of the 360CS powerplant could rev 7-15% higher and still make 295-315hp, and in a 2000-2100lb car that would make it extremely fast and good handling.

As for the replacement for the 550/575, all I can say is

11. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#11 maranelloman, Dec 21, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    They need a watered down Enzo with more crusin' class IMHO. Another mid engined 12 cylinder. I don't think it should look as extreme, especially the front end, but I think the doors and overall shape should stay. I think this shape with a 246-like front end would look cool. Maybe giving the shape a sleeker look instead of the F1 meets fighterjet look of the Enzo would be nice too. As well as adding more comfort inside. Oh, and give it a nice paintjob like the red/black 512BBs. Two colors are super cool on Fcars.

I like the direction of the 2+2 612, but I think their flagship (besides the limited models like the Enzo) should be a mid engined exotic more than the exotic GT the Maranello is.

And, yeah, the 'entry level' cars need bigger motors.