Listen to me about Mr. Green!! | FerrariChat

Listen to me about Mr. Green!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Nibblesworth, Dec 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    I am truly amazed at the responses Mr Green gets from users on this board. I regard many people on this site as very intelligent, so it baffles me how much stock people put into his posts.

Here's the deal, guys: there are people on the net called trolls. Some are good (Mr. Green), some are bad (FerrariKing). Green is good because he manages to get responses from you people whenever he posts. It's what trolls do, and if you want a good idea of their lifestyle, go to www.trollkingdom.com. These guys pride themselves on being able to adopt a persona, usually somewhat stupid like the Green character, and by being able to fool people into thinking that they are for real.

He misspells words deliberately so that people will call him an idiot for spelling it wrong or using bad grammar.

He posts threads that seem as though they could only come from a total retard because he thinks its funny to watch people get all riled up.

He is a TROLL, and you guys fall into his trap EVERY TIME.

Seriously guys, ignore his posts. The more you respond because you think he is for real, the bigger the kick he gets out of it, and the longer he will stay.

Why do you people continually respond to his posts? Do you honestly think you are teaching him a lesson by correcting him? Do you really think you are making him feel stupid by pointing out his ignorant arguments or bad grammar/spelling?

You are doing neither. You are making him laugh. That's it.

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Perfectly said! Hopefully everyone will take your advice...I know I will!

3. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I took a look at troll kingdom. The first thread I looked at was a guy all giddy that his young child is now a troll. Life must suck if this is your hobby. What a shame :(

http://www.trollkingdom.com/showthread.php?threadid=13322

I'm so proud
    My kid got her first banning from an idiot that took exception to her "sarcastic and trolling post".

I'm so proud. She *****ed down the admin for using netspeak before the admin dropped a hammer on her.

I'll introduce her to the Trek BBS once she understands proxies a little better.

She doesn't like trek, for the record.

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I get the joke, coming and going, just as many do.

I will give 'em nuclear electrolysis if someone's religion is mocked, however. That's verboten.

5. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

Yeah, I know it's in bad taste, but he knows that it wil proveke those who normally would not be provoked. Look at that website I posted and you'll see it's nothing more than one of their tactics.

6. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    If you either ignore trolls or treat them as normal members, they usually stop posting. when they dont get the reaction they want, they leave. I dont want to point fingers, but there are a few people here who constantly attack mr. green and thats why he stays. Its almost as much their fault as his that hes still here.

7. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Tim-

I disagree with you... he's been on here for over 6 months now under different user ID's... People have tried to accept him (on numerous occations actually) particularly that time he was caught lying about owning 2-Ferrari's, then try the ignore, and the chase him away tactic... He'll lay low for a month or two not posting and then come back.... He's a nuisance..

8. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    He's also... outta here.

Go ahead... check.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I knew we couldn't keep a secret. He still sees all his posts and didn't know anything happened.

10. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Kenny, the only reason he continues to come here is because he gets a rise out of bruce, dave (maranello man) and company. If they, and everyone else stopped responding to his posts he would leave. I think you thought i said to accept him as a normal member. What i wsa trying to say was treat him like a normal member because this will frustrate him when he doesnt get the reaction he wants.

11. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I can't find any evidence that he ever existed! But he's still posting in some alternate universe F-Chat? How did you do that? Well done.

12. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    well guys i am taking on good aurthority to now add him to my ignore filter

everyone get proximitron!

13. Dave Radu

Dave Radu Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    San Jose, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave Radu
    I'm done with him too

14. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    What happened to my posting ability?

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    OK, I'll let the secret out. He is now on everyone's ignore list except his own. I guess all his posts appear to be gone, except to himself. I thought it would just replace all his posts with the text "(The administrator has decided that mr. green should be quiet for a while. Don't tell them though, they still see their posts. :))".

16. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    WOOO HOOOO Rob Lay for president!!!!!

17. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    In my opinion, being a troll is far more pathetic than being cluelessly annoying. If you've got absolutely nothing better to do with your life than hang out on websites trying to rile people up, then maybe it's time you brush up on your personal skills, go to a bar and meet some girls.

18. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Rob: I tried to ask Mr. Green a question or two in the "Troll" thread, which is now gone. There is now a note in my PM file saying I have one unread message, but nothing is there. Is it possible that the poor fellow (sniff) is trying to reach me and I can't respond?

19. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Now Mr. Green will have time to concentrate on more "traditional" troll behavior by returning to his bridge and waiting for the fabled "billie goats gruff" to cross!! :)

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Hmm, are you saying that you can't see the "NO TROLL HERE" thread Green started? It's about 20 threads down right now. I have an admin view and see everything, I'm not sure what everyone else is seeing. I didn't know it would get rid of the entire thread, I just though his posts.

Didn't know you couldn't get his PM's either. I'll PM you his email address.

21. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I think that all threads originated by Mr. Green are now gone.

22. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Rob, from the looks of it, he and all of his threads have vanished... Not that i'm complaining, just stating what i've observed... :)

23. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  24. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    zipj,

I just read his post on FF. Green is so pathetic - I remember him mentioning here that he was considering "getting into" the coin-operated laundry business. I guess his dream came true?

Sad to see other F-Car fans taking him at face value and falling for his bull****.

Green is a sick and twisted boy and I will not miss him.

I see him in a window-less room, with one light bulb dangling from the ceiling...just him and his computer, trolling away all day and night long.