suspension warning light on 355 | FerrariChat

suspension warning light on 355

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by lotusk, Nov 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lotusk

lotusk Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London UK
    recently the orange suspension warning light comes on in my 1995 355. It happens when i come to a stand still in traffic, etc. On shutting down the motor and starting up again all is fine until the next time i come to a dead stop. I am told that this often happens and i should ignore it but it's frustrating. Anyone have any ideas on this? It's only started happening recently.

2. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    Download the error code. Could be a poor electrical connection or failed actuator or sensor. You lose the adjustability of the system otherwise, and it has a very wide range of adjustability. You may notice it most at high speed or at a track day.

HTH,

Rob Schermerhorn

3. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    As suggested you really need to download the error, this should give an exact location of the fault , however one of the most common causes is the wiring connector that comes from the top of the actuator, where it plugs into the main harness - the terminals are prone to corroding, unfortunately you will need to check all four.

MW

4. lotusk

lotusk Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London UK
    How do i download the error code?

5. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    The car has to be "hooked up" to a Ferrari tester called an SD2, your official Ferrari dealer will have one, they will be able to give you a print of where the fault is - if it's something simple it would be worth your while letting them fix it there and then.

MW

6. lotusk

lotusk Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London UK
    thanks for your help