Yellow Enzo Video | FerrariChat

Yellow Enzo Video

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by racedecknc, Dec 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
  2. paulyb

paulyb Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    paul bellis
    He's driving like my Gran!!!

Love the bit where he accidently presses the horn going into the first chicane!!!

3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Yep, the person driving could be better. Would have liked to hear redline a few times.

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Does going over the side bumper things damage the car in any way? You see it in F1, so I'm assuming it doesn't...

5. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I don't think the Corvette has much more ground clearance, so the answer (from my experience) would be no.

Ed

6. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    Yah he was going pretty slow, but don't forget, this could be his first time out on the track. Plus I'm sure he was taking it easy because he probably doesn't want to destroy the car. I'm sure it's hard to get replacement parts for the Enzo.

7. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Some of you guys are just weird sometimes. Are you too used to watching F1 from incar cameras perhaps? I don't know if he was redlining or not....and I don't know how any of you can tell. I thought he attacked the corners quite hard, he was faster through them than anything else we saw....he made the other cars look like they were going backwards... and you say he drove like a grandma? Stop with the crack guys! Remember this poor enzo owner probably took a HEAP of passengers. Would you thrash the crap out of your car every single time? I know I don't. If I'm taking a lot of passengers I rev to 7500-8000 and brake early. Maybe your jealousy makes you feel like you just have to see the negative side of it. Personally, good on the guy for being out there and bravo to him for taking passengers!

8. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I don't think it is being harsh or jealous saying he was loafing around. Just stating an observation about the video. When I saw the video I personally was hoping to see someone really pushing an Enzo - not to be.

9. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    It seems the gear changes are very slow. Not in sport mode ?

10. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
    From the sound of the engine, and a few glances at the Tach. I think its pretty obvious he was no where near red-line.

11. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    That driver of the yellow Enzo drove like a grandma. Come on...the engine already sounds awesome when it is idle. So based on the sound, he wasnt driving the car hard at all. Dude needs to go to Skip Barber Racing or something.

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Seems like this guy was a bit too timid in his MILLION DOLLAR car! Maybe he should have invested those monies in a health spa...where relaxation is acceptable.

DL

13. Gman

Gman Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 15, 2003
    York, PA
    I don't know how hard he was pushing this car however I did count 6 cars that he passed in less then 2 laps. Seems like he was doing just fine.

14. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    Well don't base his speed on the fact that he past 6 cars. It's not like he flew buy Porsches, Vipers and Lamborghinis he was passing econo cars. But, don't get me wrong I'm not hatin' on him. If I had $1M dollar car I'd be a little reluctant to trash it. Like I said before maybe this was his 1st time on the track!

15. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    If I drove an Enzo that way I would be embarrased to have a video of it circulating the internet. On the other hand, if it indeed was my Grandmother driving.........

16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    So you could have done better, Schumacher?

17. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wow...! AWESOME VIDEO...! Thanks for posting, Ed...! Very cool...!

A few things... Redline or not, the video was thoroughly enjoyable... Comparing the owner to, let's say, the guy out in California whose brand new black Enzo is sitting in his living room...? i commend him...! Track that baby...!
    As far as trashing/thrashing a new/million dollar car...? Who gives a crap...? If you can afford to buy the thing in the first place, you can afford to fix it... Live a little... i know some owners see it differently than others and i can respect that... My opinion is that they should all be driven, though... Just my 2 cents...

As far as how this particular driver did, well... i have no track experience, so i can't really say... He seemed to do fairly well and there were a bunch of things other posters mentioned that could pertain to why the car was or was not driven the way some of you would have preferred...

Lastly, it doesn't matter how many cars he passed... They were all passed on speed and not performance... The Enzo is such a superior car to, let's say, a Mini (wasn't one of the cars he passed, a Mini...?) that little driver difference has no bearing... The car, itself, is vastly superior... There was no head-to-head competition, he just mashed the gas and put those other cars in his rearview...

Ok, i'm done, now...

Ed, thanks again for posting this, it was awesome...!

18. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    I do remember seeing this video when it was first was available on the internet a couple of months ago. And from the description given by the person who shot the movie, the car had just been delivered and was still in break in mode so that's why he's short shifting

Still a very good sample of the sound inside the Enzo!

19. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    wow. some of you guys really should stop commenting. the guy hit the rev limiter coming out of pitlane, and railed the curbing pretty good while apexing, and trackout. this video was actually posted over a year ago by a one time member of the "old board" by the name of luigi (who sold his 360 in favor of a gt3rs -- i think); anyway, the car in the video was one of the 1st to be delievered,and the owner had it one track within a couple days of delivery. i doubt those of you "talking" would track with a 660,000 dollar beartrap dangling off your nuts -- this guy obviously didn't mind. ps: did you guys also happen to notice that he (the driver) is conversing with the passenger?

20. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Oh thank GOD someone else thinks this. I was starting to wonder it *I* was the crazy one!

21. teflon

teflon Formula Junior

May 16, 2003
    Full Name:
    Greg A
  22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  23. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    If I had a brand new Enzo, I would drive it the same way. And all of us does. If it's your first time out with the car, you don't know the car yet.
    In the Shell Historic Challenge, they even don't drive their cars full trottle. And most of the owners have their car already a couple of years.

And I think it's more important that the owner is friendly enough to let someone recorded his driving on Monza and put the clip on the net. I think most owners would keep it for themselfs. I really enjoyed the movie.

24. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    For the wise guys who have not driven in Monza, it's a mighty fast track, it's all about learning your braking points and not missing the chicanes, and with a car that fast, braking a second too late could become a costly mistake.
    You don't need to redline all gears to reach a healthy pace in a 600hp+ car.
    To me, the owner is doing what anyone would do with his own car, learning the track and trying to drive clean before pushing.