Anybody gotten their Victory By Design DVD? | FerrariChat

Anybody gotten their Victory By Design DVD?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Crawford, Dec 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    I ordered mine as soon as I heard they were available (~Nov. 25th). Haven't gotten it, yet. The 800 customer service number is now just a recording apologizing for the delay in shipping....

I'm talking about the Ferrari episode, of course.

2. Catherine

Catherine Rookie

May 29, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Catherine
    Nope. Mine hasn't shown up either.

3. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    The Ferrari episode is playing tonight on speed channel at 8pm. (in about 1 hour) :)
    I`m just telling...

4. What is it going to be about tonight. ?

5. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    tvguide.com sez its the fcar episode tonight.

6. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Ferrari.(look at what I posted before)
    Someone told me that Alain DeCadenet will be driving the 250 GTO, 333 SP, 330 P4 etc..

7. Ok ok I looked at the DiSH info and it said Ferrari Series/Special.

8. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    i also ordered mine the day it was discussed here and it hasn't shown . . .

I'll start calling tomorrow

9. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Alfa, Ferrari, Maserati all showed up on Sat by FedEx.

The Ferrari one adds the Enzo and 550 Barchetta.

10. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    Here's an update. We ordered our DVD's on Nov 30th. Yesterday, I called them and they weren't able to locate our order, but took my name & number. They said someone would get back to me. Well, they must have found my order, this morning, I received a shipping confirmation via email. The DVDs should be here by the 30th. BTW, our original order was placed online, not by calling.

So, if you are still waiting, call them. They don't seem terribly organised.

Merry Christmas - John

11. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I received mine yesterday. Everything is great, sound, picture, etc. The only thing I thought was lacking was the sections on the Enzo and 550 barchetta,was way too short and really did'nt go into the cars.Besides that good.

12. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    I received mine yesterday by Fed Ex. I watched part of it today with my morning coffee. Awesome.

13. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Mine just arrived this morning via FedEx, just in time for Christmas!

Last week I ordered the Alfa and Maser ones too after seeing "the making of VBD" special on Speed. Hopefully they won't take as long to get.

14. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    got it this morning

merry christmas to me

15. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I received my copies yesterday. It's a good thing since my VHS "Ferrari" tape that I recorded off of Speedvision a few years ago is getting worn out. I ordered Alfa (I had a Duetto), Aston (learned to work on cars on a DB-2), Jaguar (had 2 XK-140's) DVD's as well as Ferrari. Watched them all end to end. IMHO the Alfa show is the best by a considerable margin (and they are all good). Those "between the wars" Alfa straight 8's are fabulous!

16. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Do they profile the Alfa tipo 33 stradale?

17. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Where did you guys order this DVD from? I'd like to get my hands on one too.

18. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    From here...

http://www.victorybydesign.com

-John

19. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    miked & others that have received their DVD's - how much "extra" content is on the DVD's? Alain noted this on the 'making of' show.

btw, did anyone catch Alain racing in the historics last week at laguna seca (not live, rerun most likely).

20. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Sindo308qv, There is a good segment on the T33 series, 2 and 3 liter V8s and the flat 12, but no mention of the road version.

Schatten, The Ferrari DVD has some new segments added as well as additional scenes that had been "cut out" to fit the show into a TV time limit format. For instance, there is a much longer segment of driving the TR-59/60 through the California mountains, my favorite part of the TV length version. New segments are of the Enzo (test track scenes), the 550 Barchetta and the V6 Dinos. He gives a good rap to those who dismiss non 12 cylinder cars as not being a true Ferrari (are we listening Frank?).

At the end of the Alfa DVD he talks about picking his favorite Alfa (he is an Alfisti of some note) and he picks the 8C2900B of the late 1930's. These street cars were basically a way to use up the left-over racing car parts in a manner similar to the Jaguar D-type/XK-SS. There is one of those Alfas locally that shows up at several car shows each year and I can say that it is a very impressive car. Here is a photo from a local concours (ohioconcous.com). An "un-restored" 1937 Alfa Romeo 8C2900B that gets driven on the street!

21. francisco j. quinones

francisco j. quinones Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    Panama City,FL
    Full Name:
    Francisco J. Quinones
    That's too cool Miked,soooo what's your daily driver?...:)

22. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Speedvision has been airing the series again tonight and I was impressed with some of the coverage of the cars.

From what I've read in this post, there is not much coverage of the Enzo and 550?

If that's the case, is there a video out there that has good coverage of the Enzo that would make up for the "lost" footage in the Victory series?

- Gabe