FLATOUTRACING's 355 Challenge for sale !!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FLATOUTRACING's 355 Challenge for sale !!!

Discussion in '348/355' started by FLATOUTRACING, Dec 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Peter,

While the headers don't add a whole bunch of hp, the stock header design on the US spec 1995 355's (and I would assume the non-US cars) is terribly inefficient and prone to cracking. The cracking issue was so bad here in the US that Ferrari replaced them for up to 7 years on most cars. The headers are also so poorly designed that Ferrari North America refused to let their dealers attempt to weld them.

Art Chambers on this site has a 96 355 and his mechanic re-welded his stock headers and did a couple of other things to them and Art got something on the order of 8-10 hp if I remember correctly.

I am somewhat surprised that someone couldn't tune a Motec to get additional hp. A good Motec system properly installed and tuned is usually good for a 5-7% gain in most applications.

On some of the older Porsche SuperCup cars that my friends race (964's, 993's) they saw hp gains of 12-25 hp.

In any event most people doing track days aren't going to notice if the car has 390 hp, 400, or 410. I ran with the TAP chips for about a yer before I discovered they were actually losing me hp over the stock chips. TAP then sent out another chip and I am not sure I could tell the difference except for lap times (old TAP chip 298 vs. 323).

If you have look through some of the archives on F Chat you will see that I am one of the most skeptical people when it comes to exhaust claims, chip claims and the like. Most claims are way off the chart.

Regards,

Jon

2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Jon,
    fax me the information.
    My 355 Challenge is sold. I am getting another one from Europe.
    Can use yours and another one I know of to promote Challenge cars.

For those that want a track worthy 355B but their wifes object to a full out Challenge car, I have one coming:

1995 F355B yellow/black with a roll bar (rear) installed, 5-point harness in addition to the 3-point DOT, front Brembos. It is a compromise but may be just some track junkies alley.
    The car has 16K Miles and will have a fresh 30K done by us in Miami late Dec early Jan.
    asking $ 74,500

3. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
  4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX