More Drives? Perhaps Sat.11/8,Sun.11/9- | FerrariChat

More Drives? Perhaps Sat.11/8,Sun.11/9-

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I am going to go on a Northerly drive,probaly Sunday.November 09th., if anyone else is interested in joining me. I was thinking of going up old Route 12 to Lake Geneva,WI. Maybe,making a stop in Lake Zurich on the way. Also,maybe checking out the Volo Auto Museum. If anyone else is interested,please post here,and we can figure out what time and where to meet. WEATHER PERMITTING,of course!

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    So far,the weather folks are saying "Sunny" but "Cold" 40's to 50's .Thats O.K. with me. My car LOVES the cold air! Yours does,too,so lets go for a nice little drive before it snows... it may,even snow next week! :mad:

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Can't say for sure yet, but maybe. Any drive that 365 is in, is cool. Hey I spent miles behind it and enjoyed the smoke from the engine and the driver, hehe.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well. Now,the weather has changed again! Sunny on Saturday,but,Cloudy and 50 on Sunday. If there isn't any rain,then I am DEFINITELY going driving both days!

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Andreas-

>Any drive that 365 is in, is cool. Hey I spent miles behind it and enjoyed the smoke from the engine and the driver, hehe.<

Bill said he was going........I doubt it!

And the oil you get all over your car when following him, well ........alll I can say is, it's Lubricating. :)

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Free rustproofing! Well,Sunday is looking to be the warmer of the 2 weekend days. We just need to see who wants to go,PLEASE post here!. Then,where to meet up. I am thinking that we can meet at the Yorktown Shopping Center parking lot again. Same place-by Magellan's,on the SW side of Yorktown S.C. (9-9:30AM-ish-not TOO early! "Roll off" around 10:00AM.?) Then,.take Butterfield Rd.(Rt.56) west to I-355 North ( a mile or so). All the way to the end at Lake Cook Rd. then,get off and go a mile or so west to RT.12,then,North on RT.12. There is still alot of nice colored foliage out there for pix. Could also make stops along the way. No hurry,really. Just a nice cruise,doesn't have to be all day. Bring radar and walkie talkies.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sorry, I won't be able to join. I'll be busy with my car (see the "Lights, camera action" thread). Driving around downtown, with a chase car in pursuit and cameras all over. Should be fun though.

8. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Too cold to drive with the top off, and I really don't like driving it with the top on (I don't fit ), considering starting my suspension teardown this weekend anyway. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I fit O.K.with my top on...barely! But,since the weather changed,all of a sudden,my headliner is sagging. It's almost 23 years old,so,I can't complain. I need to find a good place to get it repaired. It's not ripped or torn. Just sagging. Needs to be cleaned off and re-glued. I'm sure that it's an easy job,and that I probably could just do it myself. But,it is a Ferrari,and I don't want to screw it up. I'd much rather pay professionals for a professional job. I'm sure that it won't cost much. They gave me an estimate of $150.00 to do the complete headliner on an old Chevy that we had And,this is much smaller and can carry it in. No disassembly "in car." Does anyone have any suggestions? Or previous experience anywhere? I was considering checking out "Riggs Brothers Auto Interiors". There are 2 locations kind of close to my house. One in Villa Park,and one in Downers Grove. The Downers Grove shop always looks busier than the V.P. location. And,usually,(not always,but...) busier means better. Thanks for any help! And,if nobody has ever had this done,I guess I'll try one of the Riggs Bros. shops,and let you all know how they are. I have heard good things about their work,though.

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,it's looking like it will be an O.K.day tomorrow. Partly Sunny,up into the high 40's. Cold air to make the Ferrari engine happy. So,if anyone wants to go for a nice little drive,let me know and I'll meet up with you somewhere. Maybe Yorktown again. I don't know,maybe 9:30AM or so,and "roll off" at 10:00AM-? Not TOO early! Was thinking of driving up RT.12 to Lake Geneva. Then...? Back home the same way,or via I-294,or,down Sheridan Rd. ? Lots of options. Maybe stop at Volo Auto Museum? Try to find the new Lake Forest Sportscars? Just a few hours,doesn't have to be the whole day. Just take some nice Fall pictures,with the cars.

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well.I went for a nice drive. Missed you guys,though! But,it was a perfect day for a drive. Sunny,beautiful. Cold air which made my Ferrari run like a champ.

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,as long as the weather holds out,I'll be up for a drive if anyone else wants to. I will keep going out for drives until the first salting of the roads. Even when the salt is dry,it gets "kicked up" in a salt powder "dust" that I don't want settling,or finding it's way into any nooks and crannys underneath my car.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanksgiving at the Rock, even if it rains cats and dogs. Seriously.

PS: When I had to take my driving test in Switzerland (which btw last a full hour, not just once around the block), it snowed. No joke. So I had to put on chains onto my Peugeot to take the test. And I did. My first time on chains. Felt like driving a tank (which I later was able to do in the Army), but was fun nevertheless. I passed and the expert just said, that I should have lowered my speed while passing that other car on a snowy road with chains, the first time ever...Oh well. I passed. So if I have to, I put chains on my 308 to make it there.

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! I have a friend from Denmark (Svend) who has some very funny stories from when he was in the Danish Royal Guard.(alot of them involve Greenland and Explosives) Anyway,as far as sportscars in the snow go...they don't! Not with wide tires,anyway. I drive my Corvette in any weather. But,with fresh snow,and the wide tires,the car just slides and slides in the snow. Once took me over an hour JUST to get around the block with my 'Vette. I always thought that the wider the tire,the more area covered,thus more traction. Wrong!...in snow,anyway! It's worse! But,was fun trying,anyway. I'll be at "the Rock",only if the weather is decent. Cold is O.K. But,no snow or salt! Now,remember,"The Rock" is on the WEST side of The Museum of Science and Industry in Jackson Park,On Cornell Dr. ACROSS from the Museum,(kitty corner). You'll be able to see the people congregated when you go there on Thanksgiving morning. You can drive up onto the parkway. Check the www.msutv.com website for any new details,if he's posted any.