355 berlinetta | FerrariChat

355 berlinetta

Discussion in 'Texas' started by nsx4me, Dec 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nsx4me

nsx4me Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Texas/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Gil
    I am in the market for a red or black 355 Berlinetta. Anyone in Texas know of any around. I haven't had time to look but would like to be directed to the source making things a little more snappy.

thank in advance

gil

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Try FOH or FOD or FOSA (that is Ferrari of Houston or Ferrari of Dallas) or Ferrari of San Antonio.) In Austin, you can contact SSW at Exotic Car <something or other> on North Loop near Mopac. Austin Sports Cars on Lamar occasionally has a Ferrari.

You should expect the search to last on the order of 3/4 year to find a car in a shape that is proportinal to its cost.

3. Driversource

Driversource Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
    We currently have a 99 (red) and a 95 (yellow) here at FMoD, and I think our Houston store may have a 95 or 96 (black). Let me know what you're looking for more specifically (6-spd/F1, miles, year, price, etc.).

4. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    Mitch, I believe you are talking about SW from "Elite Motorsports" over off Handcock drive / North Loop area.

Also, Austin Sports Cars on Lamar like Mitch said and Autostrada on ( I can't think of the road but they advertise in Dupont Registry).

5. texas360modena

Dec 15, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    If you're in Austin, Autostrada is an authorized Lotus dealer on north lamar just south of 45th street. They usually only have a Ferrari in a couple times a year, but they may be able to help you locate something. I'm not quite sure. You can check out their website at www.autostradausa.com

6. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Not sure if this helps or not, but a friend of mine has a Pristine 99 Triple Black 355 Spyder with about 7k miles on it. I believe he's asking 95 or so.

7. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

dupont registry has a black 355B in Arlington for $84,500. Looks nice.

8. nsx4me

nsx4me Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Texas/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Thanks for all the replies. I did go to Autostrada and talked to Andrew out there. Although he didnt have a 355B I did test drive the 25th Anniversary 02 Lotus Esprit they had. REally nice, crampy inside, but over all I loved the boost feeling it had. I thin kmy pops may be sold on the car though. This tuesday I am Test driving a Private owners Black 355 Berlinetta 6spd prestine in Marble Falls area. If the price is right i'm sold.

in other words I am looking for a 355 Berlinetta (6 spd) all books, records all the yada yada everyone looks for water pump servicing, exhaust servicing ETC ETC. prefer Red or Black (int doesnt matter, open to anything (red/black/tan). I will be in Dallas soon and will stop by Ferrari of Dallas to have a look see aswell.

once again Thanks for the replies
    gil

9. texas360modena

Dec 15, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    good luck with that berlinetta tommorrow.... keep us posted!

10. nsx4me

nsx4me Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Texas/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Gil

THe drive was fantastic, although the car will be out of town the next week and a half and after getting its final service before its final purchase date. I would recommend this car to anyone. After driving the lotus and driving my driver friendly NSX all the time the 355 is something of a kind. All i can say is the sound the feel and the handling is superb. This will be my next car, lets say a gift for the New Year.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone

gil