any TRACK in NY/NJ where i can just pay and drive?(no instructor) | FerrariChat

any TRACK in NY/NJ where i can just pay and drive?(no instructor)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by giandu, Dec 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. giandu

giandu Rookie

Dec 10, 2003
    any TRACK in NY/NJ where i can just pay and drive?(no instructor)

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Depends on whether or not you have done a racing school or holding a racing liscence. I cant think of any clubs that allow total beginners on the track by themselves. Insurance Cos would kick their A. There are a ton of clubs that rent Pocono in PA, Watkins Glen in W NY or Lime Rock in CT. Best thing is to join a club like the FCA or FOC & go to their track event

3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I would look into EMRA or SCCA.

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Unless you have several hundred laps at racing speeds, I strongly advise you to use an instructor, as a guide to better high performance driving. I am comming up on 2,000 laps and still have an instructior that I tell my mental foibles and he then relates these back to what I should be doing.

Sure not every driver gets along with every instructor, but when you do run into the person who thinks like you behind the wheel, that uses words you understand, and can really communicate with you about your driving and what is happening with the car--NEVER LET HIM/HER GO!!!