Car Hauler Trailers for Rent/Borrow | FerrariChat

Car Hauler Trailers for Rent/Borrow

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Aeroengineman, Dec 19, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I need to haul My F355 Spider from Seattle to Portland behind my 3/4 ton pick-up truck for its 30K service. Does any have or know someone who has a trailer that would rent it to me to make the trip?

2. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    It's only a 2 hour drive - you could just drive it down...

3. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Two things - Mid january weather is probably going to be crappy and there is no way to get back - If I'm gonna put miles on my car I want to do it in a Ferrari event in any weather or if by myself the weather has got to be good.

4. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Ask Kelly (svce mgr) to call "Extreme" who does the transport for Tonkin to get you a quote for a round trip transport.Or call the owner Marc Stromvig at 503-222-WAXX.They are rel inexpensive-do most of Tonkin's deliveries and trans my F cars to and back from CA.
    It should cost a minor % of what your 30K service will cost!

5. shelbee

shelbee Guest

This guy is good and owns his own trailer (enclosed) only fits for two cars,

Lee Gardner (503) 351-7170

6. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Thanks, guys but I still would prefer to tow the car myself, so that I can meet the people upon arrival and coordinate the final statement of work. After all I am an engineer!

7. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    I know you said you didn't want to put miles on the car, but if you drive it down think about taking the train back up. It's cheap and a nice 2.5 hr ride.

8. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I called the Local Lake Wilderness Chevron Station who rents "u-Haul" trailers and they will rent me a double axle "open" car hauler for $49.95/day, So I'm transporting down and back for $100 plus tax. What this means is that I may have to wash the car two times depending on the weather, but I've got the problem solved.

9. tim355

tim355 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Hey Dave
    Why are you going to Portland for your 30K service when FofS or AofT are near by?

10. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I wanted to go to a Ferrari dealer to get the dealer process and paperwork as part of the car's written background, eventhough I am sure Carlo would do and excellent job for less. At the end of the day Ron Tonkin had such a price advantage over FoS, it is worth it to me to take the car there eventhough it was more of a hassle to trailer the car. I could see nothing in the statement of work at Ron Tonkin that would tell me it would be an inferior job to FoS statement of work. I like Tino and the guys at FoS and would like to support them if the dollar difference were not so large.

11. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Peter W.
    Swing by the UHaul place early and double check whether your car can get onto the trailer without scraping anywhere. Most trailers are too high and ramps too short to accomodate sports cars without using a hill or something to help the car get on/off.

If you can't find anything, ping me. I have a custom built exotic car open trailer that pretty much anything can get on/off of, BUT, it has been sitting outside unused for 3+ years so I do not know its present condition. We'd have to go up (Snohomish) together to retrieve it (I have no tow vehicle right now) from storage, top off tires, repack hubs, check condition, etc... before determining if it's fit to travel.

12. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Thanks for the offer Rudeboy, I'll do what you suggest to see how much lumber it will take to create ramps for on and off the U-haul. If that doesn't seem practical, I'll take you up on your offer and get the wheel bearings repacked.