New Ferrari book... opinions please. | FerrariChat

New Ferrari book... opinions please.

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by ferrariartist, Dec 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    I am considering a newly released book, but have not seen it in person... am hesitant to blindly order over this newfangled internet... (i am still considered a speed bump on this information superhighway...)

If anyone can offer an opinion it would be greatly appreciated...

Title: Cavallino Rampante: How Ferrari mastered modern-day Formula 1
    Author Nick Garton

http://www.haynes.co.uk/inc/viewbook.asp?bt=H4023

(apologies to not having a link to a sponsor here... if any of you have it please respond...)

FYI... this is one of 2 new books i am considering... still searching the 'net for the other one... i'll give it a seperate thread...

much thanks in advance

GT

2. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Sorry I can't help with that one, but a great book I got this year is "Formula 1 the autobiography" edited by Gerald Donaldson. It contains quotes from everyone involved in F1 from the very first race to I believe the 2002 season. It is completely made up of photos and quotes from almost every race, which makes it very interesting.

3. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I just started reading it, it's not bad so far, nothing earth shattering yet, nice photos though. But you know how it is..... it's got to be really terrrible or bad photos for us nuts not to buy it. Also bought a book from the uk about Schumacher by his pr woman Sabine, liked that one.

4. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    Thanks to you both...

JGrande: Yeah i've seen that one by Donaldson too... very nice... however i've chosen to keep to Ferrari specific volumes.. helps to keep the budget under control... (not a starving artist yet... just feels that way sometimes.. :) )

sindo: Thanx for the opinion... i have a gut feeling i won't be disappointed if i go through with it...

all opinions/advice welcome...

GT