2001 F1/Barichello | FerrariChat

2001 F1/Barichello

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Dec 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I was at Tuesday Morning this last weekend and was able to pick up a 1:18 2001 Rubens Barichello F1 car for,,,,,,,,,are you ready for this????? $6.25. It had been marked down four times and not sold so they marked it down to 60% off the last price marked. Right place, right time. My son will go for this big time he has both 2001 Williams cars and the 2001 Schumacher. This will make a nice addition to his collection.

Do not know if they carry them all the time but it is worth checking out. They had 1:18 Maserati coupes also but it was the 3.2 turbo car offered in Europe not the 4.2 we have here.

2. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    WHHHEEERRREEE ?????

3. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    A store call Tuesday Morning. They are located all over the Dallas-Fort Worth area. It is a close-out store that sells manufacturer and warehouse overstocks and left-overs. Like I said, right place, right time. Proobably could never happen again.

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    James, which store were you in? I want to be sure I don't go to that one!

5. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    It was the one at Harwood and I believe Forest Ridge in Bedford/Hurst. I looked closely for another Ferrari but this was the only one they had.

I had gone in with my wife to look for a crystal pitcher for a wedding present for our nephew when I saw the end cap of die cast models. Of course I had to go over to take a peek. If anyone else would have tried to reach in front of me to get this would they would have drawn back a nub. That deal is almost as good as my buddy letting me have his McLaren F1 for three days. Yea baby.......................................

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I stopped by the store in Richardson last night, no luck. They had a 1/18 Z8 and a 1/18 911, but that's it. I think I'm going to need to do a run to the Mattel outlet after the holidays!

7. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Some people is talking of Target !! Maybe we can found something overthere ... I remember begining December I was in Big Lots and I found a lot of models to $9.99 ...

8. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    The last two times I was at the Mattel outlet I had very little luck. I have found several at Wal-Marts but it is very iffy about the stock they receive. Have not seen any at Target. Big Lots still has a few 550 Barchettas and a TR or two.