Earthquake Rocks Us | FerrariChat

Earthquake Rocks Us

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Moving Chicane, Dec 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Moving Chicane

Moving Chicane Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    SoCal.
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Sitting here at a client in Santa Barbara. It felt HUGE.
    Hope everyone is OK.

- Dan

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Hm, I either didn't feel a thing or slept through it. I just woke up...ahh I love days off :) Im watching it on the news though.

Yea I know quite a few of you guys are up there near thousand oaks and Santa Barbara. Stay safe!

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Have quite a few relatives in Cambria, Cayucos, Morro Bay, etc.
    2 Phone calls return busy signals, so...
    Should be interesting, to say the least.

4. Dave Radu

Dave Radu Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    San Jose, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave Radu
    They say it shook building in San Francisco. I live 50 mi. south of SF
    and didn't feel a thing. Guess we kind of get used to it living here.

5. SilverOne

SilverOne Karting

Dec 10, 2002
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Dan, surfing the web on client time again... ;)

6. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I don't know about the rest of you boys, but I will take a little shake, rattle, and roll any day, over a tornado.

7. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    My girlfriend's mom was apparently in Montecito when it happend, scared the heck out of her. Down in SD she doesn't get nearly the magnitude we do from LA>North.

During the Northridge quake, I was living in Pacific Palisades up near the top, and I thought we were gonna slide down the hill. At that moment, I would have rather had a tornado to rebuild off of. Too many of us live on/near cliffs, but can't say we don't expect it if it does happen, sliding off the hill and all.

8. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Got second-hand info on a great-aunt in Cayucos - as of a month or so ago, her fragile and/or valuable items had already tucked away in storage, as her daughter was apparently *ahem* expecting fragile, dear old mom was going to pass away soon. Even had locks changed "just in case burglars come while my dear mother is in the hospital." Is that karma I smell burning? Oh, well - maybe her kids will do the same for her, unless the astounding view slides down the cliff with her inside, straight into a high and mighty tide, thus washing her sins and drowning her screams.

Can you tell I don't approve of greedy offspring?

What's "interesting" is that in Iran, a quake of lesser magnitude hit, and has taken anywhere from an unconfirmed 5,000 to 20,000 lives. Oddly, and with respect for the dead - the name of the place hit hardest is "Bam." I believe this news is worth a topic of it's own, and just posted as such.