Ferrari Sales in South Florida | FerrariChat

Ferrari Sales in South Florida

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sduke, Dec 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    Are there any reputable dealers (new or used) in South Florida? I have seen some horror stories in this forum. My daughters and I will be in Ft Lauderdale from Christmas until New Years and I would like to take them to see some cars. I might even be persuaded to purchase if the right car was turned up by the search. I have been looking at TR's but I am beginning to lean toward an F355 Berlinetta.

Thanks in advance.

2. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    My first recommendation would be Martin at Cavallino Motors -- he's a regular contributor and member of F-Chat here. You can view his inventory at www.4ferrari.com, and I'm pretty sure he has both a 355 and a TR available. I purchased a TR from him this past summer, and he was a pleasure to deal with -- in fact, he'll be my first choice for all future purchases. I highly recommend him.

There's also Shelton Ferrari, whom I've heard excellent things about. Have never purchased a car from them personally, just a few parts and accessories recently -- www.sheltonferrari.com.

A little further north (in Orlando) is Ferrari of Central Florida, whom I've visited several times, and purchased quite a few parts from also. They're a great team of people there. Mike, a fellow F-Chatter here, purchased his 308 from them a while back. You can view their inventory, etc. by going to www.ferrariusa.com and selecting dealers / State of Florida.

I've also heard a few good things about Naples Motorsports (www.naplesmotorsports.com).

There are many others, but these would be my preferences. Best of wishes to your Ferrari shopping, and hope you have a wonderful visit to Florida, and a very merry Christmas!

3. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    sduke - yes, there seem to be horror stories related to Florida dealers. I think the most reputable place in South Florida is probably Shelton Ferrari, in Ft. Lauderdale, although you'll definitely pay a large premium in pricing.

Several board members have also had good experiences with Martin, who is also a F-chat board member.

If you just want to look, there are plenty of places that have cars for sale. Just keep your emotions in check since it seems like a lot of those cars have untold stories. Additionally, it seems like some of those dealers have done some bad things too.

Although not in Florida, there was someone on this board a few weeks to a month or so back who had a yellow 355B that had a sale fall through. If I remember correctly, it was represented to be a well cared for & maintaned car. It also seemed to be reasonably priced. Do a search, perhaps he still has it.

4. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    DUKE

MARTIN IS THE WAY TO GO.

A GREAT GUY, VERY FAIR, AND TELLS IT LIKE IT IS.

YOU WONT BE SORRY.

MY .02 CENTS

GOOD LUCK...

PS.HI ERIC.

BRUCE

5. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Hi Bruce...Happy Holidays to you and your family!

( Sorry for getting off topic here :) )

6. Hurricane

Hurricane Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    Miami
    Naples Motorsports should be at the top of your list, followed by Shelton and if you absolutely have to The Collection. Collection is a rip, they overcharge because they just moved into Merrick Park which is the highest rent commercial space in Miami. Chances are you'll be seeing the inside of one of their repair bays anyway so save yourself the cash and go see the folks at Naples Motorsports

7. francisco j. quinones

francisco j. quinones Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    Panama City,FL
    Full Name:
    Francisco J. Quinones
    I've never heard a bad word about Martin, try him first if he doesn't have what you want he may be able to find what it is your looking for.
    get a ppi and service history on any car you may be interested in,again from what i've seen here Martin will tell it like it is.
    Shelton is good,they may even have an ENZO hanging around:), but i think they tend to be a bit pricier.
    look if you may at the toy store if you just want to look at pretty cars but i have not heard anything positive on this board about their cars same goes for exotics4less a lot of pretty cars but...
    caveat emptor
    i wish you and the entire F-Chat comm.a happy holidays and enjoy your stay in sunny fla.:)

Frankie

my .02

8. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Definitely stop by Shelton and ask for Bud Root. He is a great guy and he'll take you and the family for an awesome tour of the whole place including the race team prep room (say hi to Franco) and the restoration dept. Just tell him I sent you in. Have fun! :)

-Augustine

9. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    Martin at Cavallino - doesn't play games.

10. Dr_ferrari

Dr_ferrari Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 2, 2003
    Pocono Sportscar
    Full Name:
    Jim McGee
    I agree with azzurro, Shelton is the best place to go, and say hi for me as well if you decide to go.

Everyone there is the best!!!

Best regards, Jim

11. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I would also recommend Martin too. Seems like a very good guy. :)

12. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    Thanks All

I will try and give Martin a call while we are there. I have added Shelton and Naples Motorsports to our "must see" itinerary. We should have a couple of afternoons free after the soccer tournament games.

Once again, thanks for all the input. If everything plays out right, maybe I will find the car of my dreams in sunny south Florida.

I hope all have a merry x-mas and a happy new year.

13. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    Gary Roberts in Sarasota bought the 355 F1 the last year it came out. He got a 360 F1 a year later then ordered a new one that is yet to come in (but soon). He has a 550 and a new Murcielago, 2 MB 600's and other cars. He can probably be talked out of his 355 and 360 F1's soon. If you want to know more send me an email at [email protected]. Do not bother Gary. He is a busy man. I am his next door neighbor.

aehaas

14. grantb

grantb Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Columbia SC
    Full Name:
    Danny Burnstein
    Another 2 cents.... Just purchased a TR from Naples, they were great to deal with, I flew down to see the car, and it was exactly as represented, if not better. I now have the car home, and am thoroughly pleased with the car, and the service I got.
    Tony at Nples got Exotic Car Auto Transport in within 2 days of the car being ready,Exotic, picked the car up Friday, and I got it Sunday. I live in SC.
    I dealt with Scott at Naples.They usually have some TRs for sale, among other Fcars.
    Good Luck and Happy Hunting

15. speeder37

speeder37 Karting

Nov 18, 2003
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Two more cents
    Royal Palm Motors---Does anyone have any type of feedback on reputation. They are located in Pompano. They have a pretty strong F-car inventory.

16. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Sorry, just saw this one...

Call me 305-867-7740 when you are down here.

I have a F355 Spider F1 and a F355 Berlinetta in stock and two TRs on consignment. ONe of them we negotiate a deal though so that is off limit till we know if it is a go or not.
    Also have a 355 Challenge on the way.

17. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D

Martin

I apologize for not calling you. My daughters soccer team advanced into the play-offs and pretty much eliminated the free time I thought I would have. I will most likely be back to Miami in late February for a different soccer activity. I will make it a point to give you a call.

BTW. I didn't buy a car this trip. I stopped by Shelton for about 10 minutes but they were trying to close up. They only had 1 355 Berlinetta and it was yellow. I don't want a yellow one. I would prefer black or blue. I did stop by the "Auto Toy Collection" or something like that on Highway 1 when we were coming back from the beach, but they wouldn't give me the time of day. Pretty much seemed like a tourist stop. My girls snapped a few pictures but otherwise no too impressed.

I will try and give you a call on my return.

18. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Looking forward to it.

By then I may have something other than a yellow Coupe myself :)

Is that what you are looking for?