range rover | FerrariChat

range rover

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 95spiderman, Dec 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    just got my wife a range rover and am tremendously impressed with it. had several discoveries prior to this for 7 seat capacity when kids were younger. RR is super luxurious, beautifully finished and has every feature you could dream of. if up to me i would have gotten a new jag xjr but she likes trucks. cant say im too disappointed with her choice.

ps considered cayenne turbo too but went with luxury over sport and now i see identical looking cayenne v6 in autoweek stickers for 1/2 turbo. that should do wonders for the resale.

2. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Good choice, we have had a Rover as our bad weather vehicle since 89.

3. yelospyder

yelospyder Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    I got my wife a rover too eventhough I preferred a 745. The cargo space is way too small and it doesn't handle as well as a Lexus LX470 in snow. Just my opinion.

4. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Isle of Man, British Isles
    Full Name:
    Clint
    It (The Range Rover) is a bold beaut. Great choice, it'll be my first choice if I was in the market for one.

What colour(s) did you go for?

Cheers.

5. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    we got the blue with light interior and blue piping. its nice color but can seem green or even black in certain light. i like the cayenne blue better. other thing i worry about is how many complex systems are in the truck that can break. dealer service is 1 hour away! bmw is having much trouble with reliability on 7 series due to complexities. hope we got a lucky well built one.

6. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi spiderman i live 50 yards from a landrover dealer and my freind from school has been there 20 years saw him in the pub last thursday and asked him his opinion on this new model,where i work we only service a couple being a independant and they are so easy to service and a real beauty of a 4x4,anyway my landrover experts opinion was that they have been quite trouble free,good choice nice enjoy,
    Dale.

7. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Great choice, I love the Rover. Total class.

8. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    congrats... excellent choice.

9. yelospyder

yelospyder Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    White Gold (sand) wt Tan interior

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    For those of you with a RR, how has the reliability been? A friend of mine took delivery of the "Oxford" edition in April. He has had to replace several parts under warranty and the radio is currently not working. Unacceptable in a brand new 80K car, IMHO. Plus, he says that the parking sensors drive him nuts. Just curious as to your experience.

DrTax

11. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Have had my '03 for 9mos. now and have had no problems. Also have "old" body style '02, also with no problems, although the ergonomics s*^k, but my wife loves it. The new one ('03) has much of the same switch gear as my old 740i did, so it seems very familiar the second you get in. It is also much bigger inside with great ergonomics and superior fit and finish. All of the cars I own with parking sensors drive me nuts, but they keep my wife from making good friends with our collision repair friends!! Don't mean to sound sexist, but my wife really is Mrs. MaGoo!