2nd Try...TR motor installed...Pics - I hope! | FerrariChat

2nd Try...TR motor installed...Pics - I hope!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by carguy, Nov 4, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    This is my second try at uploading pics of my freshly seviced motor installed in the car. You must excuse my enthusiasm...but I feel this is a major (pun intended) accomplishment for a DIY with no power tools using only floor jacks. I am very happy with the results so far. Let's hope they upload okay...your patience is appreciated.

Now I'm told that I can only attach one pic per post. Sorry guys, I wanted to share more...but this new system is rubbing me the wrong way.

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Just post a few more times and attach a picture per post ...

Doesn't take long :)

Pete
    ps: Impressive effort.

3. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Looks Great. I sent you a private email and never got a response from you. Did you get it?

4. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Looks Great. I've been following your posts in the old forum and the workmanship is top shelf. Keep posting as I , and I'm sure others enjoy them immensely!! Craig

5. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thanks for the compliments...it is nice to know those who understand the amount of work involved can appreciate it.

308GTS: I never received your email...please try again and I'll be happy to reply. Can't imagine what could have happened. My email is "[email protected]".

I'll post more pics...one at a time...and Thank You for your continued interest in my project. I sometimes worry that I'm over-posting and being a general pain in the butt.

6. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    And another picture......

7. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    .....and yet another....

8. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    ...and finally the last one.....

9. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    Looks beautiful!! I like how you refinished it. Did you fire it up yet?

10. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thank You....yes I've started it a few times without exhaust...WOW is it loud and rippin! It revs very quickly.....and sounds pretty mean too. And upon deceleration blue flames shoot out of the headers.....I video'd it just cuz I think it's so cool to hear a Ferrari 12 cylinder motor opened up. The muscle car guys don't know what to think of it...the import guys LOVE it! I'm working on ideas for an exhaust system now. I've done some measuring and layout of the space available, and am now trying to source some very short bullit style muffers (stainless) but am not able to find any short (12 to 13 inches) enough yet. I know there must be some out there somewhere.

11. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    Now that is a work of ART! Bet you wish you could have framed it! Hope you got some good poster size pictures for your walls. Been in the restoration game since 1966 and that is a perfect example of time+money+knowledge=perfection.
    Would LOVE to see this car in person someday!
    Take Care
    George P.

12. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    Carguy,
    There are short bullet style stainless mufflers out there. I was in the market for some when I did the exhaust on my Lambo. I went with straight pipes instead:). I will try and search and let you know if i find that link.

13. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
  14. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    And, by the way, you could never post too many pictures!

Bob

15. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Jeff, you could never post too many pics on this! I've been following your work avidly... fantastic job!

Steve