Enzo does NY | FerrariChat

Enzo does NY

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by 360CS, Nov 4, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #1 360CS, Nov 4, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    5th Ave was turned into a pedestrian zone when an Enzo was parked outside the museum. Quote from CAR MAGAZINE.

Just thought you guys would like to see it?

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #2 360CS, Nov 4, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    HEY LISTEN UP!!

this Enzo broke down in Manhattan, on the side street. The exhaust heat shield fell off the underside of the clamshell, the rear screen managed to swell so no one could access the engine bay.the battery went flat, four hrs later a tow truck arrived and jumped the E back into life

They got a ticket for failing to display a number plate, and so many other road users trying to steal a look at the E a mini pile up occured .

they concluded that the E got a good response from the folk in the big apple and all because this was no Car its was an Event!

4. Johns

Johns Guest

Nov 2, 2003
    nj/nyc
    Full Name:
    Johnny East
    can u scanthose pics :) I need a wallpaper!

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Driving an Enzo in Manhattan ! how did they do that ? Its easier to lap the ring in 7.30 mns :D

6. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I'd drive it there.

7. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    JOHN

SCANNED 4 U

8. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    "this Enzo broke down in Manhattan"

How are the Enzo's doing? Anyone know? Did Ferrari get it all right on such a small production run?

9. Johns

Johns Guest

Nov 2, 2003
    nj/nyc
    Full Name:
    Johnny East
    360 spider,
    where the scans :)

10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Andrew: I was going to ask the exact same question. :D Great minds...

--Dan

11. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

I wld like to see the scans too please

12. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    are Enzo's that fragile that parts would just fall off like that?

it must be a great pic to see a sea full of yellow cabs and in the middle of it this gorgeous red enzo.

13. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    I was out on the track in one a couple of weeks ago.....the word "fragile" didn't come to mind at all! :)

14. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    IMHO these are much more for the track than NYC streets. The one I drove on the street was way too low for potholes, crowned roads, and driveways even with the lifter on. (Way too much front overhang). The lifter doesn't work over 20mph. This is a semi streetable track car.
    Other's who have driven one on the street?

15. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    well i didn't mean fragile in the sense you couldn't drive the car hard and not expect something to break. i was thinking more like you hit a speedbump and off pops something that'll cost you $1000 to replace later. then again that is a problem with any car that low to the ground.

after reading a few reviews the car does sound very streetable. but i still wouldn't want to drive it through NY traffic, or any traffic for that sake.

16. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    The owner of the Enzo I was in on the track has also put more than 2000 miles on the car already (he has had it about a month and a half)...I didn't hear any complaints from him when we were driving, I really doubt anything has happened to his yet...and I can guarantee you that roads in New Orleans are crappier than roads in New York!

17. nsx4me

nsx4me Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Texas/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Gil
    I just flew back from NYC today. I was there and saw the Enzo Parked. A crap load of people that day. I could over hear that it was Tommy Hilfigers Enzo but I didnt see the owner to tell him what a nice car he has, I'm sure he knows already.

P.S my actual first post, hello f-car owners from a H-car owner

gil

18. ljsaia

ljsaia Rookie

Mar 25, 2003
    Houma, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Lyndon Saia
    There were two at the French Quarter Classic. The red one (locally owned - Baton Rouge) ran the track and did great. The Yellow one ( From Montana) got a 4 inch scratch near the rear drive's side marker light while getting it out of the Semi and later in the day the check engine light came on and had to be shut down.

19. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Richard
    I'll put the Cross Bronx Expressway against anything anywhere. That road's killed many a car.

20. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    NYC roads suck. I have already cracked 2 360 Modena rims already!

21. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Unlike New York, New Orleans is not on built on stable ground (leave it to the French to build a city in a swamp) and thus roads deteriorate a billion times faster -- they sink, just like everything else.

Being from up north originally (Pittsburgh) I can appreciate decent roads...but there are none to speak of in New Orleans.

All in all, every city has bad roads. The issue is that in New Orleans, 9 out of 10 are bad ones :)

22. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    These cars breakdown and have problems at any time , its the luck of the draw.

You wanna see the holes and ruts in the UK its as bad, when i was in NYC I thought the roads were quite good, but must admit did not go round inspecting.

:)

23. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew