My Hand At Enzo... | FerrariChat

My Hand At Enzo...

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by 134282, Dec 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well, it's been a long while; haven't kept up on this sorta thing but figured i'd take a shot... Not done yet, but i'm fishing for some opinions... It's not exactly an exact replica, but i'm a bit rusty... Should i continue or just forget the whole thing...?

2. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Here I thought you were going to tell us all about your experience with a new Enzo!! But I imagine that would have a lot of exclamation points!

3. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    keep going.

4. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    You are a very talented person keep going.

5. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Wow!
    Very good

Don't stop!!

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    John, Enzo- thank you... Patrick, thanks... :)

Adrenln, LOL...! Yes, i would...

7. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    DES, The photograph shows Enzo as he really looked. Your rendering shows(IMHO) how he saw himself. Kind of a window on male vanity(IMHO). (Much more rugged and virile).

8. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I think that it is awesome! I think it looks just like him - but how he looked when he was a bit older than the photo that you were copying.

9. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    Wow DES - that's excellent! I work with many of the best artists in Hollywood (check out my friends website at www.warrenmanser.com), and used to storyboard for awhile, and you definitely have talent.

One thing that really helped me way back when...start with the overall basic shapes, then go in and fill in the details. Really start to think about the skeletal structure underneath (eye sockets, etc.). You've already got a good ability to capture light and shadow well graphically - using different pencils and strokes helps.

Keep up the good work!
    ~Chris

10. francisco j. quinones

francisco j. quinones Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    Panama City,FL
    Full Name:
    Francisco J. Quinones
    very good DES,practice makes perfect.:)

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Looks great DES!

The biggest difference is in the picture, Enzo has much droopier eyelids.

12. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    JMJ, that's just weird...! Cool, but weird...!

ZJPJ, thanks... Each time i look it at, it looks more and more like... John Houghtaling...! Maybe it's the hair, i don't know...

Francisco, Chris, thanks... i've been drawing for almost 2 decaDES; applied, was accepted and attended an art high school in Manhattan for a year; had books and what not before that... After high school, i lost touch with it, though... Not sure why, but i did... Now it's pretty tough... i used to do a self portrait every 2 or 3 months, just to practice- even sold two of 'em...! Now i struggle just to draw the simplest things...
    Chris, like you mentioned, different strokes, shading approaches, etc. were a big thing for me, back when i drew on a regular basis... Cross-hatching, etc. blah blah blah, i used to incorporate all of that stuff in all of my pieces and now i try to draw and it's damn near impossible... i should've never stopped... Thanks for the replies, fellas, i appreciate... i guess i'll continue with this, see how it turns out... Thanks... :)

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Thanks, Jerry... Maybe i'll use a bunch of different pictures of Enzo to practice and get back in the game, so to speak...