Insane WalMart shoppers, WTF is wrong with these people ?!?! | FerrariChat

Insane WalMart shoppers, WTF is wrong with these people ?!?!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by WILLIAM H, Dec 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
  2. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    well that link isnt working, its an article from WSJ about how crazed holiday shoppers are stampeding & crushing others, how fierce competition is over cheap crap & how Walmart & other stores use this to create more "excitement" for their cheap crap. Its really a disgusting statement about the gutter of capitalism and how people have no clue what the holdiays are supposed to be about

3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i read that, pretty pathetic really. she has filed a lawsuit against them before (more than once IIRC)

4. detailman

detailman Formula Junior

May 26, 2002
    Indiana & South Caro
    Full Name:
    David
    just fu#*ing insane thats why I dont go to walmart any more. Soooo many Idiots!!!! not only that but dumb a$$ people who park buggys in the aisle ways and just stand there with their finger in their a$$ ,WTF is wrong here?

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i've been to WalMart before and, to be honest, i don't see any real difference between them and, let's say, Target or K-Mart, etc....
    i did hear about the woman who was trampled during a big DVD player rush and, when the paramedics finally arrived, she was lying on the floor still clutching her DVD player... Unbelievable...

6. tigermilk

tigermilk Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James P. Smith
    The differences between Target and Wal-Mart are prices and patrons. Wal-Mart is a few cents cheaper, and that brings out the worst in folks. I've got a Super Target and Super Wal-Mart near my house, right across from each other. Wal-Mart is always packed, usually with overweight folks carting themselves around in the electric carts. English is not the first language spoken either. You usually find instances where "white" and "trash" form a common, though perjorative, phrase. I usually spend the extra few cents and head to Target, avoiding the dregs of society and enjoying a more visually appealing atmosphere. Wal-Mart is like going to a third world country.

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    As K5MCL alluded to, the woman in the article is a con artist, plain and simple. She has repeatedly sued retailers for various causes...this story is basically true, but the complaintant is a phoney...she was not really injured.

8. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    The Wal-Mart near my house is like an old folks home with a millon old geezers blocking up everything and then taking 30 mins trying to figure out how to use the card swipe keypad.

9. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Wal-Mart, Shop with the beautiful people LOL

10. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I think tigermilk is right. The demographics are a lot different. I'll hit Wally-World in a pinch, but if I have a choice, Target usually gets my money.

Ed

11. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Here is an example of something I saw Yesterday.

Had to get a picture printed on the cheap and quick so headed around the corner to Wally world COULD NOT EVEN get close to it.

Driving through the parking lot I noticed a bunch of people heading out with "Bulk" packs of pork rinds and Twinkies sporting old grey sweat pants (cause you need that extra room)

Drove next door to a Super Target, crouded but not too bad. Parked the motorcycle and headed in.

DAMN there were some VERY good looking women shoping in there, one stopped me to ask if I could reach something on the top shelf for her (wee little thing)
    Generally not a redneck battle ground

Would spend more not to go to wally especially at this time of year

12. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    I'm with you: I'd spend more to not go to Walmart. I just can't deal with that place. Unless it's the only place open and I need some motor oil or something, I just avoid it. It's not just the fat-ass customers that bug me either: I also don't like the power Walmart has over the u.s. manufacturing industry. They're killing what's left of it (and have many other sins as well).

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html

http://yahoo.businessweek.com/magazine/content/03_40/b3852001_mz001.htm

Target isn't so bad though. I like that they at least make an attempt to design some of their housewear and furniture items. Sure, it's still cheap junk, but at least it has some sort of thought behind it. I guess the difference is that Target attempts to increase profits by becomming a "brand". Walmart increases profits by squeezing their supplier's balls.

13. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    You said a mouthfull there, for that and for their "image" of being an all american success story, regardless of how much of their crap comes from sweatshops in the 3rd world

14. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Everthing you guys posted is correct in my town also.
    Wall-marts are a good, because we can keep all those wallmartians in one spot.

15. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    But I will say there are some places where wall-marts are normal, very rare.

O.K. I will let you in on the secret, shop there before 11:00am
    the martians haven't recovered yet from the night before. the stores are
    clean and faced and even the people working there are different.

16. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    WOw- is Walmart crazy all over the country? I have one bad one about 10 miles from me, but an almost normal one about 5 miles away.

Sometimes I go in at 11pm and the place is packed even with kids, what are people thinking?

17. Ontogenetik

Ontogenetik Karting

Nov 2, 2003
  18. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Christmas Eve beating at Wal-Mart
    The above link goes in one direction, my summary of a TV news interview I saw goes another:
    He got in a line, a woman confronted him, saying he'd jumped in front. He gave her the spot, thought it was over with... got checked out, went outside and *Biff* *Boom* *Pow*