348 Interior room? | FerrariChat

348 Interior room?

Discussion in '348/355' started by MadMaxx, Nov 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MadMaxx

MadMaxx Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Can anyone comment on the interior room on a 348? More than a 308? Compared to a TR? a 550?

Thanks
    James

2. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    I can comment from personal experience.......I don't know about technical "cubic feet" but I can say which ones feels bigger......the 308 and 348 are very comparable........308 seems a little more difficult to "move around in"....the TR is bigger and more room, but not as comfy IMHO just because of the way the driver is situated.....the 550 is great...roomy, comfy awesome.............

3. MadMaxx

MadMaxx Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    My biggest problem is not headroom, it's my legs. The 308's pedals were very far "forward" towards me it seemed, with an odd angle. My thigh was crowding the shifter bigtime.

The TR's roof like is low, and I couldn't master the art of entry/exit. I had to drop my head down a ton to get in, but once I was in and situatated it wasn't that bad.

Right now I drive a lotus esprit.. the smallest bastard on the planet LOL. But, I drive shoeless to cope with the pedal widths. I kinda sit on the seat and then swing my legs in. That didn't seem to work on the TR

I love the 348 body, but I'm thinking it may be a bit cramped for me. I'm more leg than torso :(

James

4. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    I'm 6' 3", so I had to sit in a few different models to see what i was comfortable in.

The 308 was very tight feeling, not an option.

The Testarossa had enough leg room, but the roof felt very low.

The 348 was the most comfortable for me. We have the 348ts, so the roof is off most the time, but with it on, it feels roomier than the TR.

Try sitting in the different models you are considering. If you like a car enough, you can make yourself fit.

Good luck - John

5. MadMaxx

MadMaxx Karting

Nov 5, 2003

Thanks for the info. I'm 6'2". The owner of all the cars I have tested doesn't have a 348, so I'll have to hunt around :) His 550 is to die for though! Beautiful car.

James

6. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    It really depends on your build and proportion of length. I know this sounds strange but true. I am 6'4" and I fit into a 308 perfectly, even with the top on but it is nice with the top off. I honestly am very cramped in a TR and don't feel comfortable driving it. I fit better in a Lotus than the TR and Loti are tight for me. The 348 for me isn't as roomy as the 308. Now I do sit all of the way back in my 308 and the seat tilted as far back as it will go. I tried that in the 348 and it was too narrow for me and I was too close to the wheel. It really depends on how your height is spread out. (long legs, long waist) Sounds strange but very true.

7. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    I bet his 550 is to die for. I didn't want to try one on for size, I might have liked it too much!

-John

8. TiminAustin

TiminAustin Rookie

Mar 19, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Tim Purcell
    Very true. I’m 6’4” and fit well in my 348TS. However, my 6’3” brother doesn’t fit at all. His torso is longer and it puts his line of sight directly at the top of the windshield.
    Sometimes playing with the seat’s for/aft position along with the take of the seatback will slow talker drivers to find a good position.