Neew Gokart | FerrariChat

Neew Gokart

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by ART360, Dec 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ART360

ART360 Guest

I just got my new gokart. It's a 2003 Tony Kart, and I tried it out this weekend. ICC motor makes more power stock than the Honda built, and the chassis puts the power down better.

Problem was the track was wet, and you tended to get sideways a lot more than with a dry track.

Art

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    That's great news, Art. How often do you estimate you'll get to put her to use?

3. ART360

ART360 Guest

I better use it at least 10 times over the next year.

I just bought a membership at Sears.

Art

4. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Very coooool Art! Enjoy!

5. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Right on Art. I wanna get kart next year. You can really drive hard, and on the limit big time, and not worry about the repair bill. I have driven the indoor karts and they are way fun. I really love the fealing of having the kart on the edge. It feels great drifting around a corner and getting it to hook up just right. I think that i'm gonna go to the Jim Hall track were I live and take some leasons, before I step into the higher powered karts.

6. ART360

ART360 Guest

Ernie:

My buddy Jeff bought my Trackmagic 125 Honda Shifter. He'll be moving up to an ICC kart next year. That's a pretty good kart, and I bet you could get it pretty cheaply. However, I suggest that you might want to try a 100 or an 80 shifter before you hop into a 125 shifter. I'm stupid, and stubborn, and started at the top.

Art

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Art, does size make a big difference in the shifter karts? At 6'2" and 240, will I fit and will I have a weight penalty regardless (pun intended).

Thx, DrTax

8. ART360

ART360 Guest

It does make a difference. I'm 6'1" and 190 #s and the kart is close to the min weight, but not quite. As I found with bikes, it just takes money to make the weight right. If I was starting again, I'd still get a 100 (like PeterS did) learn the proper techniques, then move to either an 80 shifter or a 125. We're all too old to think we're going to be the next Shumi, but it wouldn't hurt to get the fundamentals down first. I didn't because I thought my prior racing experience would help, and to some extent it has (I'm certainly not afraid of the kart, which may be a liability) but the slightly different lines between bikes and 4 wheels, has caused me to relearn quite a bit. On the whole, I guess its a wash.

Art

9. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I'm going to upgrade my 2002 Invader KT100 to a Parilla 125. I want $2500 for my cart (firm). The engine has 2 hours (tops) on it. Any takers? I'll send you a pick or you can email me at [email protected]

10. ART360

ART360 Guest

Peter:

Let me know if you get an offer. Diane could use one, but I am having difficulty in making her realize her need.

Art

11. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    ART: I have not started to advertise it yet. I will be doing that this week. How interested are you on this kart? I'll deliver!

12. ART360

ART360 Guest

PETER:

I've got to work on her on this. She doesn't know she needs it yet.

Art

13. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Art..Just get her out for a casual day at the track. If she likes the KT100, she may want to get into it.

As far as yesterday goes at Atwater, I had a blast. Tom joined me with a buddy of his. I saw two guys in shifters go off in the grass, riding high and VERY fast on the banked 180. The KT100 actually has all of the speed I think I need. The 125 Parilla is VERY attractive, but I am not sure I need a 75+ MPH kart. I try to balance the enjoyment of speed I can handle with personal safety in mind.....Am I just being a *****?

14. ART360

ART360 Guest

The 100s seem so tame after the shifter. We'll see you in mid January, and you'll get a chance to see the new one. It has about the same power, but it puts it down much, much better. Makes for a lot higher speeds, etc.

Art

15. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Bows. Massive respect! I can't wait to see you guys in action in the dry.

May your traction always be high!

Best!
    Ben

16. ART360

ART360 Guest

Ben:

If you want to learn to drive quickly, get a kart. Pretty safe, much shorter than a car, everything happens much quicker. If you can control the kart when it gets sideways, you'll be able to drive a car at the limit.

Peter:

Assuming decent weather (I hope so, anyway, Second weekend in January for Atwater. I'll call on Wednesday before.

Art

17. lovespeed

lovespeed Karting

Dec 29, 2003
    at the track
    Full Name:
    Gene Agatep
    Art,
    Contact me if you're ever down at Willow Springs with your Kart
    I bought my 125cc shifter kart from KRC at Willow last November
    I have it stored there.

The track is about 5/8ths of a mile
    9 turns - total of about 21 shifts

Our group goes almost every month- about 10 of us

Gene

18. ART360

ART360 Guest

Gene:

Myself and Jeff Hagan will be coming down to Willow for the kart track. I just set the Van up to take two Karts (a platform that allows me to stack them in the back). The good thing is that the Rosamond airport is less than a mile from the track, so we can get our mechanic to drive the truck, and we get there in 1.5 hours. When we get ready to go, I'll drop you a note and give you the particulars.

Art

19. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    ART: Can ya tow my trailer??? (hint-hint)

20. ART360

ART360 Guest

Peter:

That's work. I'll talk to you 2nd weekend in Jan at Atwater, if its not raining.

Art