I will be in So Cal this weekend.... | FerrariChat

I will be in So Cal this weekend....

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Edward 96GTS, Dec 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    I posted in the gen discussion area bec it gets more traffic, but will post here too. I would like to meet F-chatters at Crystal Cove. Who will be there Sat? And how do we recognize one another?

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Id love to meet more Fchatters but unfortunately Im taking this week off from Crystal Cove due to the holidays I think. It might be a pretty small turnout this time around.

3. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    I doubt I will be there, but if you meet at the coffee bean in the morning, you will head over to Crystal Cove with all the F-chaters. However, you can make someway to recognize each other such as mardigras beads or something to that effect. Just making a suggestion, hope it helps :)

David

4. Nationaltec

Nationaltec Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    North County
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Ed,

Thought I'd make the trip for the first time myself.... Had the car 5-days and I'm looking forward to the cove meet.

Anyone know the general protocol? meet at Starbucks first etc? time?

I'm coming up from San Diego. Directions? or landmark to map it?

Thanks again
    Patrick

5. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Patrick, I don't think anyone will be meeting at Starbucks this time around. Like I said, this will probably be a really small turnout this weekend due to the holidays. If your considering going for your first time, I would wait a week or two. That should be when the show kicks up.

Coming from San Diego I would take the 405N to the 133S (also known as Laguna Canyon Hwy). You will snake through the canyon for a while and come up to PCH. Make a right on PCH (heading North). After about 5 miles you will see the Crystal Cove parking lot off to your right side. Its very hard to miss. However, if you miss the parkinglot entrance from that direction, just continue you a few yards and make a right on Crystal Heights Drive, followed by another right right into the parkinglot. Crystal Cove is located right off of PCH between Laguna Beach and Newport Beach.

The show is a lot of fun...great variety of cars! Usually something spectacular shows up every week...somtimes an Enzo, an F50, a few F40s go there regularly. Don't be disappointed if there is a small turnout this weekened though...It will hardly be typical. Enjoy it though! Take pictures :)

6. superbimmer

superbimmer Karting

Jan 12, 2003
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hi all ... interestingly enough, this Saturday will be a GOOD time for me to go! All my clients have been seen for the holidays! So I can arrive early (6-6:30am), and stay ... if anyone wants to do breakfast after. I know ... Jordan ... it may be a small turn-out, but that's exactly why I CAN go ;-( Everyone will be involved with Holiday activities, and my work is done.

Anyway ... if you decide to go Edward ... I'll be looking forward to meeting you! And anyone else!!

7. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Actually, I'm skeptical that it will be a small turnout. I think it may be status quo, but who knows. Keep in mind, many may be out of town, but many attendees may have visitors, what better place to take them?

Patrick, an ammendment to Jordans directions -

- take 5 North (405 begins in El Toro)
    - take 73 toll road north ($3.00-$3.50 at toll booth)
    - exit Newport Coast Drive, make a left, head west towards the beach
    - turn left onto Pacific Coast Highway, head south approximately 2 miles
    - on left side, you'll see Crystal Cove shopping center.

8. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Well you guys, I stand corrected! I guess I will go afterall!

Check out a new thread on Crystal Cove in the socal section.

9. Nationaltec

Nationaltec Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    North County
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Jordan & Jet,

Thanks guys, the 73 toll road sounds like the way to go...

Appreciate the help.. See you guys there..

Thanks Again,
    Patrick
    86, 328GTS red/blk (7 days of ownership and counting)

If the weather is really nice I might be the guy with the Golden Retriever. Introduce yourselves, because I could definitely use some experienced tips from you guys.

10. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Ill look out for you Patrick! Im afraid to bring my dog...he is getting pretty old and I dont want him to relieve himself on a 275GTB :)

Here is a picture of me so you guys can spot me.

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice - Would love to see another 328 there! Hope it stops raining soon!