my 360 malfunction | FerrariChat

my 360 malfunction

Discussion in '360/430' started by Hubert888, Dec 25, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Hello. I started a previous thread last week about battery tender times for the 360 modena. Now I just fully charged the battery with a battery tender (I charged it for 2 full days). The light was solid green meaning a full charge.

I attempted to start the car today. And all I hear are the starter clicking noises and the car did not start. This is starting to piss me off so I decided to jump the car. I unscrewed the foot rest in the passenger side and got to the 360 battery. My garage people had a battery jumper so they connected it. I turned the ignition on and the car started!

So I am assuming my battery needs a replacement right?

Also, the engine sound was not the same. It sounded a lot deeper and muffled....sort of like the car was choking. And then the check engine light went on.

Can anybody guess what is wrong with the car? I know I probably need to get it towed and serviced.

Thank you.

2. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    when i experiened a similar battery problem all i had to do was replace the battery :) problem solved.

i *think* i've heard that if/when the battery goes dead (or you turn the battery switch off) that the ECUs need to reset themselves. sorry i can't be of more help, but i bet someone will post an answer soon. if not call your service department and ask them. i have a feeling that it is a simple solution and not a problem :) let us know how you resolve this issue because it's just a matter of time until it happens to the rest of us :)

3. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Replace the battery with a Die Hard or similar battery. After I dumped the crap FIAM battery from my 360, all my battery/charging problems were gone.

Ernesto

4. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    I've never used the battery tender. However, a solution would be great info to have.

There was a TSB on replacing the alarm system power harness. Was this done on your car?

5. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    I believe there was something done with my alarm system last year or this year. I remember the last time I got an oil change, the dealership told me that they upgraded something to my alarm system and that it was free because my car was still under warranty.

But if you battery is pretty much dead, does that mean the 360 modena engine/exhaust sound gets muffled? I called the FofLI service dept and hopefully they can come tow it soon. I'll give everyone an update of the problem once I find out.

6. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Make sure all electric connections are tied. Common problem.