Paging Racer Nika | FerrariChat

Paging Racer Nika

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by writerguy, Dec 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Out of the Chick car thread a bunch of us have been wondering what happened to the Bumble Bee?

Is she still with you?

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Nika, MERRY CHRISTMAS you crazy clown shoe wearin' gal. It was great to meet you this year. You rule!!! See ya in 2004 :)

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    anybody see the write up in the Toronto Star with her driving the Saleen S7?

4. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    No, but did you read her writeup on the Enzo??

"The biggest disappointment, by far, is the horn. The musical two-tone that Ferraris are known for is now just a monotonous General Motors honk."

"Despite the costly price tag, there are no car mats or holders for coffee cups — those are for people who buy Fiats, not Ferraris."

"A simple oil change for the Enzo will run you $800 (no $30 Jiffy Lube specials for this baby) and a complete brake job will be $100,000. "

Are you kidding me?? This is the writing of a professional auto journalist on a car like the Enzo??

5. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    what can make an oil change cost $800???????

6. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    specially formulated oil from SHELL that you can only buy from FNA... Costs like $40 a quart...

$100,000 brake jobs makes no sense to me, even if the Enzo uses Ceramic Rotors... Besides, Ceramic Rotors are supposed to last the life of the car even after hard track use, assuming you do the appropriate cool down procedure afterwards...

7. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I just watched a program on TV about the Enzo (on Speed). From memory (feeble at that);
    The quotes on the brake job added up to a total of 24k for pads and rotors. Pads alone were priced at 6k alone.

They quoted the motor oil at 60.00 a quart
    I think thay said the oil change would run around 800.00 USD

Ball park figures. I'm sure that it can be done for half that in the near future. There are too many wealthy people that don't like getting screwed without so much as a kiss. It's the principle of the thing.

DJ

8. RacerNika

RacerNika Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    Sorry - we celebrate Christmas Eve and I was hosting dinner this year.....only logging on now

Mister B - well.........I hate to say this but after driving the 911 turbo cab....and driving it ...even in the SNOW.....I liked it. (sigh) I think my future will be Porsche but my heart will always be Ferrari. A girl has to be practical some times

As for the Enzo - we are talking Cdn $. Each rotor I believe was $10,000 plus $5000 per pad ( or vice versa) = $60,00USD = $100,000 CAD

BUT...hears the good news......with the carbon ceramic compound you do not need to have them changed often!

As for the Enzo story itself: I don't have a dyno or skid pad handy so my articles are more the experience of driving with some techinical aspects thrown in. I leave it to Road and Track to write amazing detailed articles but as for me discussing titanium pushrods.......no thank you. I am limited to space and word count.

I can tell you that driring the ENZO...and driving it the way it was meant....was 1 or 2 great experiences this summer. The other was doing a ....... respectable time in that 700 horespower funny car.

All I want is to bring some of my car passion to those that would appreciate it - and maybe have some find a female point of view inspiring.

Happy Holidays to all of you - and to the many that have been very supportive I thank you and wish you the best in 2004 ( RUBBER SIDE DOWN REMEMBER WHEN DRIVING!!!!)

Nika

9. RacerNika

RacerNika Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    and Maranello Man - - I haven't seen your trademark in AGES!!!!!

:)

And don't mess with the Ferrari clown shoes!!!! I have Ducati ones that look similar now!

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    You're definitely inspiring...! :)

11. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto

BUt BUT BUT you didn't answer the question for the therad

What happened to the bumble bee

12. mechanka

mechanka Karting

Apr 27, 2003
    Full Name:
    Anka
    I think it's safe to say that she's avoiding the question - I wonder why?

13. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Anka,,

How've you been? haven't heard from you in a while... Shoot me an email,, would love to know how you're doin...

14. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    I hope not. I am really just wanting to hear the story if she has ended the Bee or if she still has her