Chicago car clubs | FerrariChat

Chicago car clubs

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by spike308, Dec 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Greetings -
    I recently bought a 308QV, live here in the area, and was wondering which (if any) of the car clubs you guys belong to.
    I belong to the Lotus Corps (I have a 78S1 Esprit in my possession), and those guys are the greatest. Very knowledgeable about the cars, always willing to help wrench, great outings, etc.
    How about the Ferrari crowd?
    Ferrari Club of America?
    thanks!

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ferrari Club of America is big around Chicago. FCA and FChat is all you really need.
    :)

Ferrari Owners Club is here basically non existent.

3. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Most of us (it not all) that post here are FCA members.

I'm also a member of the RROC.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Agreed. I also a member of FCA and frequent Fchat visitor.(too frequent for some...:) ) And,also own a Corvette,(on #7 ) and am a member of 2 Corvette clubs. But,I made the mistake of joing the F.O.C.,Ferrari Owners Club. And there isn't a "Branch" here in the Chicago area,or Midwest. (which is too bad. I'd like to be in 2 Ferrari clubs too,to do more things with my car.) So,for my $120.00,or whatever it was,(membership dues). I got a name tag.(which does you no good if you aren't attending any local FOC events,because there aren't any) And,I got thier monthly newsletter,which is MOSTLY ads,exactly one month late,every month. So,don't waste your moolah on that one. But,visit this site,as we have a small group of us that like to DRIVE our Ferrari's,(as Enzo intended them to be) as opposed to keeping them stuffed in a garage,with a cover on them,getting all dry rotted.:( There are also a couple other Ferrari sites that I am visiting. www.ferrariclubofamerica.com. They have a really great Technical Guy on that site. And,there's www.owners.ferrari.com Check them out,too. If you bought your Ferrari to Drive,instead of a museum piece :) , check us out here,as we are already planning lots of Drives and events,in addition to FCA sponsored events. So,there will be plenty to do with your car. Hey,you only live once! And,it's alot more fun Driving your Ferrari than looking at it! (though,that ranks right up there,after Washing,Waxing and Polishing it!)

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Spike (and everybody else here), do yourself a favor: Once you have your Ferrari "sign up" with Ferrari North America. Send them a fax of your title and they will put you in their files. That will allow you to visit the factory in Maranello (as I did this year). Even if you don't plan on doing that, you still get a free subscription to the FNA quarterly magazine "Rosso".

Just yesterday I got the latest volume and it is great again. Big nice format with fantastic pictures and somewhat interesting reads. Comparison (as once in Forza) of the 360 Challenge vs 360 GT vs the 360 Stradale. Also introduction of the Scaglietti (can't wait for our Chicago auto show!) and many more stories.

And all that for free. Can't beat that price.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    That sounds cool,Andreas. What is the current address for FNA?. I once sent them a letter back in 2001 when I first bought my 308. I told them about my car,gave them the S/N,and told them that there was a dash plaque on the dash the said "Ferrari-made especially for -------" (the original owners name) I asked if I could also order a new plaque with my name on it. But,they never replied. So,would like to "register" my car with them. Also,I'll just have my Brother-in-law make a small engraved piece with my name to attach over the existing Ferrari plaque,where the other guys name is. I'll just attach it with some silicone so that it can be removed if I ever sell it. I used the address that was in my owners manual-somewhere in New Jersey,I think.

7. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Spike, welcome, and congrats. The official Ferrari clubs are good, but you can probably derive as much or more from FChat. I'm the type who's always been more into casual get-togethers and drives than structured events. Either way, you shouldn't have a hard time meeting great people and having fun.