How to arrange a PPI? | FerrariChat

How to arrange a PPI?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Battman2, Dec 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Battman2

Battman2 Rookie

Dec 23, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI, USA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Batt
    Hello all,

These are probably dumb questions, but I'm not sure I follow some of the logistics surrounding getting a PPI done?

Let's say I'm interested in a car owned by a private owner, who lives a good 1.5 hours from an F-dealer or place that could do a PPI (which incidentally, is my current situation)...should I expect that the owner would be willing to drive his car there, wait for it to be inspected and then drive it home in the chance that I "might" buy the car?

Alternatively, I could ask the shop to visit the owner at home...but of course this leaves him with no rack, tools, etc to inspect the car. Additionally, are there shops that are willing to do this?

All suggestions are appreciated! Thanks, Battman

2. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    Hello Battman,
    Give me a call at 636-273-6774 or e-mail me
    at [email protected].
    I will assist you any way I can
    Chuck

3. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot
    "Alternatively, I could ask the shop to visit the owner at home...but of course this leaves him with no rack, tools, etc to inspect the car. Additionally, are there shops that are willing to do this?

All suggestions are appreciated! Thanks, Battman"

Wil de Groot performs PPI's in the PA/NY/NJ area or worldwide if you can foot the bill for travel. He's gone to the West Coast, Florida, Canada an Europe but would agree that the absolute best situation is for you to find a reputable shop and have the car inspected there. The cost of delivering the car to a shop would be eclipsed by the cost of repairs if something major is not spotted prior to buying.

Good luck!

Sandy
    exoticars-usa.com

4. sandersja

sandersja Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    John Sanders
    Don't forget the option of having the car shipped to the nearest dealer/shop and back. It should not be too much to have a Ferrari-experienced outfit to that distance and back.

5. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Have Tim Stanford or Shelton do a PPI.

I don't know what Tim charges, but Shelton has a flat fee of $350.

Try to get him to drive it....he knows your serious if your paying 350.

If he won't drive it Shelton has arrangements with flatbed companies and they also have their own in house truck....