Any art dealers here? | FerrariChat

Any art dealers here?

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by lesterm, Dec 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    Hey all,

I am looking for information on a particular artist by the name of 'Wai Ming.' I have a painting of his that was appraised by the artist for around $70k or thereabouts. I don't really know that much about art, and even less about non-european artists such as Wai Ming. I checked artprice.com and there are no auction or sales records for this particular artist. If anyone has heard of Wai Ming or has any information about him, it would be greatly appreciated. I am quite sceptical about this appraisal. Thanks!

While we are on the topic, does anyone know anything about the artist Josef Stoitzner? I have a still life of his that was appraised for $12.5k in the 80s and want to know if his works are appreciating or whatnot.

I actually didn't buy any of these paintings myself, and I don't really know anything about art prices. I am going through a 'materialism is weighing me down' and I am looking to liquidate all the stuff that I don't want anymore.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    *whistles*

http://www.artcatalogues.com/ - may have info regarding these two and where to get fair, impartial appraisals. As the name of the site implies, of chief concern is an extensive valuable catalogue selection - which I encourage you to look into. Trust me, location in the lower reaches of the Sequioas does not mean she's a hick - rather, she's got an extensive background. (If so inclined, PM for that minutae). I've picked up a few catalogues which were of interest when in the area.