Last chance for 2003 - Andy, Ed, Barney, Greg | FerrariChat

Last chance for 2003 - Andy, Ed, Barney, Greg

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by dwhite, Dec 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Okay it will be about 55 degrees Sunday!! Who is up to meet for the finale of 2003?

2. 550

550 Rookie

Sep 19, 2003
    I'll be down around 10-10:30......Frank

3. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Do you have to ask?

4. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Hey Guys, I wish I could join you. I'm in sunny Florida with the in-laws (Tampa). No Ferrari - just a rented Impala :(

On the bright side; its 75 degrees everyday since we've been here. If Sunday holds true and you get mid-fifties temps on LI, you should have a great turn-out. Wish I could join you for the last blast in 2003.

I'll take this opportunity to wish the "LI cruisers" a safe and Happy New Year and a great time on Sunday.

Take care,

Andy

PS: While I'm here in Florida I'm looking for reasons to leave the in-laws' hacienda ;) so if anybody reading this wants a PPI on a car that's down here, let me know. I'm already checking out a '93 Porsche R/S America in Orlando for a buddy, later this week.

5. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Okay, I will be there about 10:00 . See you there(boat basin)

6. Trinacria

Trinacria Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Baldassare Guzzo
    It's after 11am now, sorry. I could have made it earlier! Gianna's birthday party today. She even asked me if we could take the Ferrari to church this morning. I am there in thought with you!

7. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    What a great day for a drive! There was a nice turnout of cars this morning with a good ferrari presence. There were a 2002 360 coupe, an '88 testarossa, a '94 348 spider, Dave's '83 308, Frank's '00 550, and my '88 mondial cab. Lots of vipers, vettes, porsches, 'vettes, hot rods, vettes, various muscle cars, bikes, vettes, a corvair station wagon (with 102 hp), a jaguar xjs with a blower, wheelie bars and a parachute(!!) and did I mention vettes? Barney called while we were down there as he mentioned above, he was with us in spirit. We were hoping to see a few others down there. All in all, a great way to end 2003. Hopefully next weekend will be nice too and we can start off 2004 with a bang!

8. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Hey, Ed. Sounds good. Where exactly is this?
    Sam

9. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Ed,

Wow what a great turnout. I was thinking of you guys yesterday morning (its called jealousy,) and was hoping someone would post a recap. Thanks,

Andy

10. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Yes it was a wonderful way to end the final Sunday in 2003. Hopefully we will be able to kickoff 2004 the same way.

Sam this is at the Robert Moses Boat Basin. You can take Wantagh Parkway to Ocean Pky and go to the eastern most point or take the Robert Moses Causeway to Ocean Parkway and exit onto Ocean Parkway to the Boat Basin.

11. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Dave, "Wonderful"? ......lol

12. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Andy, The place was totally packed. The entire left side was full and half of the right. This was the largest turnout I've seen in the few times I've gone. Everyone was enjoying the weather. By the way, how is it down there? I'll be heading back down that way myself in a few weeks. Hopefully we'll get together before then. Ed

13. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Thanks. I'm going to try to join you next time.

14. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Hey guys,

Bummed that I only just logged on to find out if anything was going on this week, and missed yesterday. I am on vacation from the UK - got in late sat night for a week, and already missing my red baby!

Anyone planning on riding out this week at all? Augustine - missed your blue babe last time I was in town..you about?

Will check back tomorrow..we are being entertained by great jazz in Harlem tonight..likely to be a late one - what a great town (so great they named it twice).

Cheers,

Marc.

15. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Okay Ed, it was a great day and nice to you and Frank again.