Hardest Decision of my life...Need help! | FerrariChat

Hardest Decision of my life...Need help!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jordan747_400, Dec 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which do I do?

1. Drive the brand new 575M with F1 trans.

2. Ride in the Enzo.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Ok, a very generous Fchatter has offered me two choices. Both are chances of a lifetime...and both equally exciting! However, I can only pick one!

He offered to let me drive his 575M with F1 trans. He also offered to take me for a ride in his day old Enzo.

Which do I pick? Ive had the change to drive a 308 GT4 and a 328, but nothing like the beast of a 575. Never tried an F1 transmission either! However, the Enzo is the Enzo and not many people will ever have the opportunity to ride in one. The way he flew past Crystal Cove on PCH this morning tells me that it might be quite a ride as well :)

This is such a happy problem :)

BTW, Im posting more pictures of his Enzo and all the other great cars at Crystal Cove this morning in the SoCal section. I have over 60 pictures coming so give me a while to upload them!

2. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    You're saying if you drive the 575 he will absolutely not give you a ride in the Enzo?

Take the ride in the Enzo if so.

3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    One or the other :)

4. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
  5. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    if he's generous enough to offer both options, i'm sure he'd be willing to let you ride in the enzo AND drive the 575M. if not, ride in the enzo. post pics jordan!!

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Easy one Jordan, DRIVE BROTHER, DRIVE!!!

DL

7. gary greenburg

BANNED

Dec 27, 2003
    What a rough life you have, People are starving all over the world and
    the only thing you have to worry about is a ride in a Ferrari. What you really need is a good ass-kicking!

8. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    I would choose the ride in the Enzo. There are plenty of 575's out there for you to drive in the future. How many people have Enzo's and are willing to offer you a ride? The chance to ride in a $1m supercar only comes along every so often.

Then again, if you don't think you are ever going to get the chance to drive a 575 again, then I would certainly take the drive.

9. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Ride in the Enzo, then go to a Toyota dealer and drive a Supra, be just like you drove a 575.

10. gary greenburg

BANNED

Dec 27, 2003
    Why do you people placate this punk. Kick his ass to the curb.

11. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I would take the ride, there will probably be other opportunities to drive a 575 in the future, Enzo may be another story. Then find a street person strung out on meth, be just like you talked to allanlambo.

Gary

12. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Got to be the Enzo.

13. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#13 maranelloman, Dec 27, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good one!!

Hey, Greenburg, go phuque yourself, you queerbait rumpranger.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
  15. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Dude, drive the car. Rides are for girls.

16. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    Enzo. Can't believe you had to ask. :)

17. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    drive the 575. Crash it and ask him to come pick you up in the Enzo ! No ?

Ok.. Seriously , drive the 575. Im sure he will offer you a ride in the Enzo someday....

18. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    LOL! Brilliant plan :)

19. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    LOL, I agree. The real Ferrari experience is driving one. You can look. You can ride, but you will never understand what it is all about until you drive one. Plus, a 575 is probably the closest link to the Ferraris of old. It's the engine, stupid!

Yeah, I know that a lot of people bash Maranellos because they are not exotic enough, or that the 360s is a better sports car (and I agree with that opinion) and so forth and so on. But this all disappears when you get behind the wheel and romp on that pedal. A Maranello will make you humble. It will make you realize that the car has a whole lot more of the right stuff than you do. You will quit long before the car. A Maranello doesn't have the scream of a turbo. It just keeps on pushing your eyeballs back until you finally lift.

If I were you, I'd take the car to a track where there is no traffic and no cross roads. Get yourself set, and then punch it. Don't shift until that needle hits 7,000 rpm. Do this all the way through 6th gear.

Don't feel bad if you can't do it. Don't feel bad if you lift after hitting 5th gear. Listen to your brain. It is telling you the right thing to do.

While you might not make it all the way, you will take with you the memory of a lifetime.

Good Luck, DrTax

20. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  21. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Better said than I could have ever done, Dale. I concur!!!!

22. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    And the only thing you have to worry about is people posting about cars you will never own? Get a life jackass.

23. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Bitter that you still can't see your toes, eh, chubby? Fingers so fat that you're typing with only two?

Too bad you are too much of a shemale buttstabbing coward to deliver said arse-kicking, dickless. And, since people are starving, why not suck on a .45, make it all "go away", and thus provide food for countless vegetables that could feed millions. And a lot more O2 and less methane for us to breathe.

24. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Jordan this is a tough one. But look at it this way would you rather say you have "driven" a Ferrari or "ridden" in one. Yes I know you have driven the other Ferrari's. But I would rather pick up "driven" points than "ridden" points. However to be able to say that you have ridden in an Enzo is right up there with a McLaren F1, Bugatti EB110, or a Mercedes CLK GTR. What ever you decide you can't go wrong. Just depends on what you value more.

Very generous of you Armen. But I know you are having some fun with giving Jordan such a delema to deal with. LOL.

25. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    ROTFLMO