Devastating earthquake in Iran | FerrariChat

Devastating earthquake in Iran

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by wax, Dec 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    A 6.3 Earthquake has taken anywhere from an initially reported 5,000 to an updated 20,000 lives. Oddly, and with respect for the dead - the name of the place hit hardest is "Bam." I am assuming the bulk of the dead and survivors are in outlying communities, if not on the site of the citadel and mud city itself.

Bam is an ancient locale which has undergone extensive restoration over the last 50 years. To that end, the greater portion of the restored citadel and barracks also composed primarily of mud, clay and straw are said to be upwards of 2,000 years old, (or as "few" as 1,700) have apparently met their new beginning, as restoration will need to begin anew. Survivors, a great many of whom are tourists - have been left without utilities - in freezing temperatures.

2. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I saw some video on the news.... this quake has left over 100,000 hurt and or exposed to the freezing temperatures. The entire world is going to have to help on this one. What a sad story.

3. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Apparently the centerpiece of the city, a huge 2000 year old sandstone fortress built up on a hill, catastrophically collapsed; the rubble falling down the sides of the hill like a giant sand castle.

4. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    **** THE TOWELHEADS!

5. Dave Radu

Dave Radu Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    San Jose, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave Radu
    Man that's sad. All that loss of life and their ancient heritage.

6. gary greenburg

BANNED

Dec 27, 2003
    Why do you people care about these stupid towelheads!

7. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#7 maranelloman, Dec 27, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Your post speaks for itself, you ignorant, racist phuque.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #8 tbakowsky, Dec 27, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Gary you have a serious problem. How could you even think to say something like that. It is people like you that cause hatefulnesss in the world. These are human beings,just like me,you,and you're neighbour down the street. They all sufferd in a disaster that was completly beyond anybodies control. Your forget that California is a disaster that is waiting to happen. What will you say then?

I have ingnored your posts in the past,but this one is one that I could not. You have know idea how much of an ass you are do you? It's sad when somebody doesn't know how to control there actions. You need to get some help.

10. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Tom,

Don't waste your time and energy responding to tater. Like all 2 year olds/mental midgets, he is just lashing out because he is being ignored.

11. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    exactly. everytime you reply to one of his ignorant post it jsut gives him reason to post even more.

12. gary greenburg

BANNED

Dec 27, 2003
    I'm sorry about the "TOWELHEADS COMMENT"

13. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Don't worry this scum bag is messing with us on this site, and I don't know why I am even responding to this Idiot. He doesn't understand the difference between regular people getting wiped out and a Tyrannical Regime.

14. ART360

ART360 Guest

Towelhead? Give me a break. Even if your sorry about making the statement, are you sorry that you think that way?

Art

15. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Second that. He gets off on everyone's outrage and anger..why give it to him? Ignore.

16. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I agree that large scale loss of human life in such a way as this is tragic. It sucks for the people involved. HOWEVER....

This country is one of the largest oil and natural gas producers in the world. The government certainly could modernize itself to the point of having building codes, etc. A stronger quake in California killed 2 (yes TWO) people.

I agree that helping these people is the right thing to do, but it will piss me off to turn on the TV next week and see a bunch of them chanting "death to America" again.

Ed

17. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca

Exactly !