Got my Christmas card from FoD | FerrariChat

Got my Christmas card from FoD

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Dec 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I have been out of town for the last two days and when I got home today I found a Christmas card from Ferrari of Dallas in my mailbox. Having worked there for three years, it is nice to be remembered by people I regard very highly.

Thanks Tony, Danny, Steve and Mr. Risi. I miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Sounds cool... What'd you do there...? Why'd you leave...?

3. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Audiguy is one of the top Auto sales consultants in Dallas with a rolodex that would make any marketing man drool

4. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    HE's a car salesman BFD!

5. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Des,

Are you ready for the answer????.
    Drum roll please!!!!....
    I sold Ferraris and Maseratis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Was manager of the store for two years.........
    .Left to go make some money. Ferrari store is a big boys toy store but is not a great place for someone wanting to earn big bucks unless you own the place.......

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    James,

Just wondering if auto sales increase after Christmas to the new year. I've been promoted to internet sales manager for a Subaru store in Houston, I was told I can be great for Honda, Toyota, etc... Any Comments or tips?

7. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Usually sales have a pretty good spurt between Christmas and New Years right before all the incentive programs end for the calendar year.

Subaru is a pretty good line to be with and with more and more people using the internet for shopping and becoming much more computer literate, being the internet manager is a good place to be. Be ready for a lot of people looking to "steal" a car at the end of the year to contact you with absolutely ridiculous offers. They figure the most you can do is say no and it has cost them nothing to check for bargains. Do not allow that to discourage you as this is a normal thing this time of year. I constantly have people offering me things like $5K below invoice for a new Audi. They obviously know we cannot sell for numbers like that and keep the doors open but they ask anyway and then seem surprised when I do not accept.

We do quite a lot of Ebay stuff and it can be very good or very frustrating. Just depends on the person inquiring.

Good luck and let me know how it goes............Toyota is very strong and would be a great place to plug in to if the opportunity avails itself at a good store.

8. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Jim,

Haven't heard from you in a while. How are things going? About to get Texas Driver fully launched????

Sorry you missed the grand opening. I was able to get the Audi R8 that won Lemans here on display for a few days. Greg Brendal came over in his PF but unfortunately his was the only Ferrari to show up.

9. chrislamborghiniatlanta

chrislamborghiniatlanta Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Hey Audiguy,
    I am assuming from the post that you now own the Audi franchise? Is that correct? If so, how do you like working with them? I am a Lamborghini sales rep in Atlanta, Ga and really like it. Just curious as to why you left but now you have answered that. At any rate, I wish you the best and hope that Audi is making it happen for you.

Chris

10. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Chris,

I do not own it. Unfortunately.........I wish I did, Audi products have really improved a great lot. Bobby Baillargeon is the owner and is a great guy.

I know the Lambo guys here is Dallas very well. Gary was buying used Ferraris from us before he became the Lambo dealer.

Thanks for the good words. I wish you well in Atlanta. I believe the Gallardo should do very well for you. Just look out of the Lemans Quattro from Audi when it comes out.

11. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
  12. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    What can I say, been up to my earlobes, but Texas Driver is coming out of the box with a Mid Feb MARCH cover. Looking good but need a good ad sales guy, I really want to take at least one of these hats off.....

13. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Talk to me.........................

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Audiguy, are you talking about the Infineon R8...? i LOVE that thing...! i have a 1:18 of it, at home... Saw it at the NY auto show earlier this ear... Gorgeous, gorgeous racecar... i couldn't help but stare at it...