Poor Ferrari Cab, at Jet Terminal | FerrariChat

Poor Ferrari Cab, at Jet Terminal

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by davewapinski, Dec 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davewapinski

davewapinski Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2003
    I always said that I wanted the Ferrari for everyday use:

Does this count as never been in the rain???

:)

Actually it has been in the rain.

Should we put the top down :) :)

So far it continues to start and run great.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Is that a Mondial 3.2 ?

3. davewapinski

Nov 24, 2003
  4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    ok thats a Mondial T.

5. davewapinski

Nov 24, 2003
    Mondial t

Cut the photos down too small, will upload better later.

6. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Cool shots!! Have any leaking problems with the top? If I stumbled across a Ferrari covered in snow at an airport parkinglot I would have a heart attack...but know that I would die happy :)

7. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Foolish.....regardless of which ferrari, its sickening !!!
    Should have his keys reverted !!! and not allowed to purchase another prancing horse.

8. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills

If I saw an Fcar covered in snow, I would feel obligated to:
    A) Go to Home Depot and buy tarps to cover it.
    B) Give it a complimentary outer detail job.
    C) Possibly find a car cover to fit it.
    D) leaving a terse letter on parking a car in the snow

Shame to let a Ferrari go to waste. (((grinding my teeth)))

9. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Just means that the car is well driven... People complaining that they would take the keys away is like complaining that the arizona snow will ruin your paint. Babies.

10. francisco j. quinones

francisco j. quinones Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    Panama City,FL
    Full Name:
    Francisco J. Quinones

It's CAR!,meant to be used.it's got to be a great feeling coming in knowing that you have that waiting for you!crank her up turn the HEATER and WIPERS on and dry that piece of kinetic art home.:):):)

Oh yeah,I read somewhere a piece on Nick Mason and he was talking about taking the kids to school in the middle of a British winter and the cars he had at home refused to start except for one,so he drove them to school in the one that fired right up.....

his 250GTO.:)
    Much respect Mr. Mason.
    mah .02
    Frankie

11. francisco j. quinones

francisco j. quinones Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    Panama City,FL
    Full Name:
    Francisco J. Quinones
    ooops, i meant DRIVE that piece of art home.:)

12. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Big deal. Congrats to the owner who isn't afraid to use their car. Besides, the Mondial t body would've been treated with anti-corrosion solutions while being built at the factory, so no problems with long-term use in these conditions.

13. Rennphile

Rennphile Rookie

Nov 24, 2003
    Colorado

Curious quote. What punishment would you suggest for those Fcar owners who never drive their cars, letting time and the lack of use take their toll?

14. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Dave, it's fantastic to see these cars used properly, keep up the good work

15. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I would be more concerned with water getting into the air intake. From what I seen first hand, 348 engines can be a pain in the arse. True, the owner should have covered it but maybe had to scramble to get to their flight. Also, think about snowplow drivers at the airport, I'm some have hit a couple of cars. Won't they a have a nice holiday suprise when they return? Count on it!

16. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    Hey, Big Red, You can have my Ferrari's keys when you pry them from my cold , dead hand . Oh, don't forget to wax it every day, put it on jackstands to take the load off the tires and change the cam belts every six months or 200 miles, whichever comes first. :)

"Neither snow, nor sleet, nor rain, nor dark of night shall keep my steed from its appointed rounds."

Tom

17. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    Hey Dave!

Great to see that you actually use the car for what it was meant and don't belong to the "Mommy! The Italian thinghy got cold! BLEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHH!" brigade (not trying to insult anyone).

More cars have rotted away from humidity trapped under tarpaulins than from being driven.

Congrats!

Jack

18. davewapinski

Nov 24, 2003
    Better photo 1

19. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    250GTO's have been raced in the snow. I've driven 308's,TR's,275GTB's,Maser's, GT40's in the snow. Sickening? People who don't drive them are Sickening to me.

20. davewapinski

Nov 24, 2003
    Still not the quality shown on my computer, but here is 2:

21. davewapinski

Nov 24, 2003
  22. davewapinski

Nov 24, 2003
    Only time will tell if I am extremely stupid or extremely smart.

Some people get their joy from having a Ferrari in the garage in perfect cosmetic shape – that is fine.

Other people, like myself, get their MAIN joy from driving a Ferrari - that is also fine.

You pay your money and you take your choice.

I think the difference in people makes the world a more interesting place.

I enjoy well engineered, well built, and/or nice cars.

I also have another reason: If you went out to the airport parking lot and saw a nice Ferrari with company signs that were professional, sophisticated, and did not take away from the beauty of the car, would you likely remember that company’s name?

The car does have Z rated All Season tires from Michelin.

Do not have a cover – may or may not get one.

I am a STRONG believer in preventative maintenance.

The top does NOT leak.

The Ferrari does seem to run better the more it is used – even the Metronic (sp?) 2.5. For example, when I got it, if one pushed in the clutch at about 3,000 rpm or higher, the car might stall. With use, it NO longer does that. Not for sure why, but that is the way it has worked out.

The first of my two biggest problems are the 13 year old beagle dog jumping into the Ferrari with muddy paws wanting to go for another ride. Although it is getting hard for him to jump now but he struggles up.

Second he is putting minor scratches in the covering by the passenger window. I will be working on a solution for this (still want to keep the Ferrari looking like new). Does anyone have any recommendations for this?

A couple of months ago a woman (an expert in aging) told me that the reason the 13 year old dog acts like a puppy is that “he gets to ride in a Ferrari”. I think this is true (in the broad sense) and it also applies to us humans.

I will always treat Ferraris this way.

23. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    I don't think there is "right" or "wrong" decision in this, I think.

When you buy such a car, you normally don't buy it as means of economical transportation.

Any special cars that I bought in my life, were economically written off by me in my mind, i.e. I never intend to sell them again but cherish them in a way they deserve, even if they rot away.

Jack

24. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Sad to see the Ferrari buried in the snow. Next it will probally be parked next to a Tempo or something on a cheap used car lot with those colourful flags everywhere with a "Air Con" sign on it's front windshield.

Maybe a carpenter will buy it so he can load lumber in it with the top down.

DrewH

25. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    There's an sera blue/tan '89 t Cab in Southern California that's used as a 'ranch' car (yes kids, on a real ranch).