200k for a 360? | FerrariChat

200k for a 360?

Discussion in '360/430' started by udalmia, Dec 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. udalmia

udalmia Guest

hi guys

my family was looking to pick up a 360 spyder , we are completely new to the ferrari market
    we saw a 2003 360 Spyder F1 with 2k miles on it, red/tan, real good looking.. dealer's asking 200k for it.. do you guys think its a good deal or are there better available.. i live in the NJ/NY area

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Sounds about right to me...Maybe offer 192

3. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Do not hesitate, just buy it at that price!! I have not seen a 2001 spyder at that price!

4. pig4bill

pig4bill Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    It might be a Euro car. They don't bring as much as U.S. market cars.

5. udalmia

udalmia Guest

thanks guys, i prolly will pick that up, gonna ask the dealer to throw in a tubi exhaust ;) .. really want one of those, even if he doesnt, do you guys know a place in ny/nj that sells/installs the tubistyles?

6. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Check out the Capristo before you commit to the Tubi.

Gary

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    F1 spyders can still fetch $220K. This is a good price, especially if you can talk them down to the 190s

8. udalmia

udalmia Guest

re. the exhaust, i must say ive heard rave reviews of the tubi, cant say ive heard much about the capristo, any +'s of it over the tubi, i guess its the same price, any audio files?

9. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
  10. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Price is basically the same, I've heard both and the Capristo is the hands down winner in my opinion. I don't think either add much power, if any...I'd settle for same power, given the nicer sound.

Gary

11. udalmia

udalmia Guest

we've bought a house in fort lee,nj, furniture's getting installed now and we should be moved in by the end of january :D ..really nice neighborhood too

on another note, we're completely new to the US market, could someone explain to me how i can lookup the history of a car?

12. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    which dealeripship is this? the price sounds low!

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Does anyone know exactly what the Invoice price is on a 360 Spider,and the "options"? I always see the "price as tested" Price in Road & Track,Car & Driver,etc... and they all list $179K,or something like that.And,that includes freight,I think. (and,I believe $149-$159K for a Coupe) But,every ad that I see for a new 360 Spider For Sale says $249K. Thats a $70K mark-up. You can pick-up a decent Testarossa,as a spare,or 2 nice-3X8's for that! (or a 308 for Jr.,and a Mondial Cab. for Mrs.) :) Even the "sticker" at my local Ferrari Dealer is up there. And,we all know what sticker is. (Bullsh*t) Is there anywhere to find out? I remember seeing ads for Websites that offer how to find Invoice prices,along with the prices of options on Domestic cars. But,not Ferrari's. Just wondering... I'm not seeing the new cars,(Ferrari's) flying out of the Dealerships like they were 3-4 years ago,in the Dot-Com days. Especially with a $70GRAND mark-up.

14. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G

Well welcome to NJ, Fort Lee has some nice areas. I hope your move goes well and look forward to seeing you around once it's warm out again.

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    The options on a 360 can drive the price way up. Modular Wheels, Stereo, Calipers, Daytona Seats (Power), ETC. Too see a very well optioned 360 look at Scott's 360 Coupe he is trying to sell. That car has everything.

16. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    I was just looking on the Wide World of Cars site http://www.wideworldofcars.com/en_US/ and they had two new 360 Spiders for under 200K. You may want to give them a call, they're right over the NJ/NY border.

One side note, does anyone have anything to say good or bad about Wide World?

17. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Sounds like a very good price almost too good. My 04 spider is a gear shift car and my sticker was 186, an F1 is 10 grand more, so I'd say that is some deal. What dealer is selling this car?

18. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Lowe$t I've seen in a good, long, long time.

Reason? Probably better for the dealer to drop it to 200K to move inventory at the end of the year, for tax purposes. Best for purchaser, for same reasons.

For example, I've seen a certain Beverly Hills Dealer (on Robertson) inventory drop remarkably during December. Coincidence? I think not.

19. udalmia

udalmia Guest

yes mine is from wide world of cars, its the second spider they have in stock, the 2003 one, i hope none of the guys here buy it before i can after seeing my post :(

20. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Something alittle strange here, the dealer is selling a 2003 coupe for $185.00, they are also listing an 04 F1 spider at 192, does not make sense.

21. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    i agree. there is something not right here. why would anyone pay $185 for a coupe and not $192 for a spyder.

22. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Wide World is a dealer of choice in this neck of the woods. They have a competent service department, and are generally responsive, particularly to their regular customers. (I became one after getting a BMW sedan from them, and they have serviced several ferraris for me; they pick-up the car for free in an enclosed van, and i have never had a problem with any work they have done).

I was actually over there today, and saw a red/tan 6spd spider. Didn't pay much attention to the year or the price, but i was told there was a titanium/grey one there, as well. You'll do OK with them as your dealer and they will treat you right. Good luck, and welcome to the area.

23. udalmia

udalmia Guest

thanks whart, that is great to hear, im picking up a 2004 745Li and the 2003 Spider from them

24. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Tell me if you are working with Joe Segreti. If so, tell him you are part of this mafia, and that if he doesn't treat you right, he wouldn't want to wind up like the guy at Rao's. He'll know what i mean...

25. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

We've got a mafia? AWESOME!