Holiday outing part 2 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Holiday outing part 2

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Bob308GTS, Nov 7, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,the Dragula car is awesome. I've seen it around Lombard when I lived there,and my Wife knows who he is,as she lived there Her whole life. I know a few of "Lombard's finest",and they,laughingly,told me stories of him doing huge Burnouts and Flame-ups all the time with that car. But,as he got older,he stepped it down a few notches,and doesn't do that alot anymore. But,the car is SOOOO Coool! Very Loud! Flames shoot up about 20 feet into the air,and you can feel the heat from the curb. He usually brings it out to the Lilac Parade in May,and Cruise nights. Must be VERY EXPENSIVE to run. Racing fuel,and the Flames and Burnouts and all. But,who cares when you're having fun! :)

2. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Dragula was the name of the car that Grampa Munster had. It was designed and built by George Barris AKA Rat Fink. I wonder if he managed to acquire the original or built a (the dreaded word) REPRODUCTION! (8->}

Bill

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well, he had it built for six figures by the guys from WI (see the 250 GTO replica thread), but you know, unless it comes from Transylvania and was built by a satanic mechanic, it just isn't the same. Shall we say the engine doesn't have enough bite?
    :)

4. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hello Andreas,
    I agree about the Transylvania thought, that would make this one just a new-FANG-led replica. However, about the best thing you could possibly say about these cars is that they suck (blood of course). (8->}

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Billiam-

'Rat Fink' was a cartoon creation by Ed 'Big Daddy' Roth.

Barris was/is known as the 'King of Kustomizers'.

6. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Skippie,
    I sit corrected!

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I do believe that this particular car is a Replica of Grandpa Munsters car,and not the original. But,I could be wrong. This past Summer,I was driving out by St.Charles or Geneva,and saw an Original George Barris car. The guy driving it was about 20+ years older than me,(definitley the right age for one of those cars) and when we got to a Stoplight,I asked him if it was an original George Barris creation,as it looked like something I remembered seeing as one. And he said "Yes". I have no reason to doubt it as that Barris "Look" is truly one of a kind...you just know it when you see it. Maybe someone here on FChat who lives out that a way knows this man. He had a younger guy,who was driving a really Rad. Pick-up truck following him. I am just old enough to remember those old "Rat Fink" models from back in the Early 1960's. I had a couple Uncles who were Teenagers,and they had a buch of them. Really funny stuff! Bulging eyeballs. Tongue hanging out. Gear shift lever sticking up about 5 feet with a gruesome hand resting on it. They were in cars. On surfboards. Those old fashioned,skinny Skateboards. Super funny stuff! P.S. Rob Zombie,originally from White Zombie,has a really cool song called "Dragula". (Yes,I own some White Zombie and Rob Zombie CD's. They're catalogged in with my Ravel and Whitesnake CD's. HeeHeeHee!)

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm afraid to ask: Is the Wienermobile near Frank just a replica or the real deal? A replica wiener just wouldn't cut the mustard.

From Frankenstein to Frankenfurter.

9. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Andreas,
    I suppose we could still relish in the thought of it though. Now let me be frank about it, if the owner attends concours events (rather than just hot dogging around town) I imagine that he would always be a wiener. (8->}

10. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Billiam-

Frank(ly), you're a wiener (or is that viener?). :)

Anybody that may be interested, this Tuesday a friend has arranged a private tour of Skip McCabe's restoration shop in Libertyville. We'll have lunch afterwards.

If interested in joining us, let me know through email, as I'll get the message quicker than through Chat.

Jolene sp.(she's a hottie), is making the arrangements, and she will be joining us!

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #111 FerrariFrank1, Dec 28, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    To be Frank with you,(which I am) I believe that this Weinermobile is a "continuation". I remember seeing Wienermobiles when I was a kid. And,they were a little more "Primitive looking". And,Raced one on Mannheim Rd. back in '86 with the '85 'Vette that I had then. (yes,I won!) But,the new Weinermobile is much more streamlined...probably due to EPA and all,so It probably spent some time in the Wind Tunnel.(do you believe that? HeeHee) Gotta go...suddenly got a taste for a HotDog! :) But,it would look cooler with some Chrome sidepipes.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #112 FerrariFrank1, Dec 28, 2003
  13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #113 FerrariFrank1, Dec 28, 2003
  14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #114 FerrariFrank1, Dec 28, 2003
  15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    308 meets the Wienermobile. Keep going at it Frank. You will succeed eventually.

Speaking of weird cars: On Thanksgiving at the Rock I met the guy who organizes the hot rod (?) car show at Rosemont (O'Hare) where they have all kinds of weird cars. Maybe we should get him to have one of our cars on display?

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes...but,success will only be had when I actually park the 308 next to it and take some photos!

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Correction: ...and stand next to it eating a hot dog, somebody else taking the picture.

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Yes! Me and Frankie,Jr. :)

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Finally found it: Dragula vs California Spyder from the movie "Munster, go home!"

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The "Dragula" car that is in Lombard looks just like that one,but,the Coffin isn't as "shiny". More of a low gloss bronze. Otherwise,it looks pretty close. And,the car in Lombard is bigger and has bigger wheels/tires. I will take some pix or video next time I see it. My new Video Camera also has a digital photo mode. And,my Wife,Daughter and I just got those new Verizon picture phones,and you can take a picture with it,and send the pix from the phone to my computer to download. I just need to "figger it out!-????" As,this "Dinosaur",(me) is like the saying goes..."Road Kill on the information Superhighway". I'm sure that my 12 year old Daughter knows how to do it and can show her Fossilized Dad.:)

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well I thought it was too funny, that there is actually a Ferrari connection to the Dragula car. Sooooo: Wouldn't it be cool to have one of our cars pose next to the Dragula car in a hommage to the "Munster go home" movie?

If you ever see that guy, ask him whether he is up for it or to what local car show he takes his. You Frank, could be playing Frankenstein and Mr NoWives could be sitting in the Ferrari wearing the darkened helmet. Very mysterious.
    :)

PS: The Ferrari driver is cheating: He uses some whip cream and sprays Frankie in the face and he drives blinded into the woods.

22. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    The Dragula (when driven by Grampa) in the TV series had a plexiglass bubble that enclosed the driver. I guess that Fred Gwynne was too tall to fit under it for the movie race.
    Bill

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    My Wife grew up in Lombard,and she knows who the guy who owns Dragula is. But,his last name slipped her mind. His name is Curt or Kurt......(something). I'll ask one of my Lombard P.D. buddies. he knows.