First C6 Frontal Pic | Page 2 | FerrariChat

First C6 Frontal Pic

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by aawil, Dec 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    The design is ok, but i wish for the sake of american pride, they would have stuck with some CORVETTE styling cues, even from past models, not just various ferraris... the front headlights may actually have come from a 575!!! hehe. Overall, still a performance bargain, the interior kinda sucks it looks like, but I must say, i thought the C5 was a good look, an update would have been fine, at least it said "CORVETTE" to whoever saw it you know?

2. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Maybe it was this shot.It shows the curves alot better.

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I like it - I think the front end does look very Viper SRT 10, but whatever, I think it looks good. And probably a bargain, for what it is.

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Corvette have been copying Ferraris since the 1st gen C1 in the 50s that was a fat bloated reproduction of a Ferrari Barchetta. The C2 was perhaps the most original Vette although there may have been some styling cues from the Alfa BAT series & the Disco Volante. The C3 was a repro of the 250 GTO which is not a bad thing. The C4 has a very Daytona profile. The C5, now on the C5 some Jackazz, probably the guy who did the Asstek decided that the new Vette should take its cues from a Mazda RX7 of all things. I hope he got a good azz kicking cus he really deserved it. The C6 has cues from the C2, the 250 GTO, the 550, the 360, the Viper, but it all gells together quite nicely.

The production Corvettes have always been evolutionary designs far from the cutting edge of design which is good cus its safe for GM. The new BMWs show the danger of being cutting edge as they have fallen off the edge :)

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I don't know. I have owned 7 different 'Vettes,and have a '91 now as my daily.(and an '81 308) but,IMO,the 3rd. generation-C3's are the most Exotic looking,(sh*tty performance after '72) that they made. A nice '69 Convertible with a big block is awesome. Albeit,primitive in comparison to the new ones. But,if they made a C3 with todays mechanics,that would be cool.

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Thanks for the great picture.

7. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
  8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
  9. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I like everything about the c6 except the rear. I still think the c5 rear is classier...Am I alone on this?

10. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Awesome! Can't wait for the hipo versions.