What are the top 10 Ferrari events each year? | FerrariChat

What are the top 10 Ferrari events each year?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mark(study), Dec 28, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Help me make a list

Ferrari top 10 events around the Country

1. West Palm Florida
    2. Pebble Beach California
    3. Indianapolis Indiana

Top 5 list of world events?

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Next year I would put in this order...

1) Pebble Beach/Monterey Historics/FCA 2004 at Monterey, CA - Aug
    2) Cavallino at Florida - Jan
    3) New Orleans - Oct

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I agree. Except note that the dates for the New Orleans classic will be November 11 - 14.

I'd add to this list:

4. Montreal GP
    5. Indy GP

4. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    My top 5 around the World

1. Mille Miglia (ITALY) not all ferraris there, but the ferraris there are really great
    3. Spa Ferrari Days (BELGIUM)
    2. Tutte le Ferrari a ... (ITALY)
    4. AvD Oldtimer Grand Prix with SHC (Nürburgring , GERMANY)
    5. 250GTO anniversary

Another very nice event is the Spa 24 Hours (FIA GT race). I really enjoyed this event this year (2003).

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    For me personally

FCA at Lime Rock
    FCA at Watkins Glen
    FCA Annual Meet
    Belle Macchine D'Italia @ Pocono end of June
    Cavallino

6. zwoemba

zwoemba Formula 3

Nov 22, 2003
    The Spa Ferrari Days in Belgium

7. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I have only been to one my entire life (New Orleans) and it was amazing. Dale, is Cavalino and Monterrey better? New Orleans to me was more about partying and just having a good time than anything with Ferrari's to help with the fun.

8. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Matt, I have never been to Cavallino, so I leave that to the squids in Columbia North, i.e., Miami, to opine on.

I actually enjoyed New Orleans more than Monterrey; but, having said that, you need to go to Monterrey at least once. You will see so many Ferraris that you will be seeing dancing red spots in front of your eyes for weeks. Laguna Seca is probably the best race track in the country. Watching, and hearing, the vintage race cars is well worth the effort. The auctions are a gas because you will see so many cool cars, but leave your wallet at home. Monterrey is a very expensive place to buy a car.

The main negatives are traffic and, way, too many people. I went Summer of 2002 (I think) and was glad that I was driving a rental car and didn't have to worry about overheating. Plus, when an event gets that big you gotta have rules and rules about rules. This why I liked New Orleans so much. Franco and John and the others know how to throw a great party and have fun. Indeed, my biggest fear about the NO bash is wondering how long it can last before it becomes like a Porsche club event. (We have rules, and you have not been following the rules...)

That said, I'm planning on driving the silver beast out to Pebble next Summer and to New Orleans. I'm hoping to make it to Cavallino next month, but time is getting tight...

Finally, I'm looking forward going to some of the FCA historic races that William H mentioned earlier. I really wanted to make the Mt. Tremblant race last summer, but ran out of time.

Dale

9. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    William, if you had to choose, which one is a better track for viewing, Lime Rock or the Glenn? I have been to both, and it seems that the Glen has more passing, but LR sure is beautiful.

DrTax

10. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    Europe :

Spa Ferrari days (Belgium)
    nurburg ferrari days (Germany)
    tutti le Ferrari (italian challenge final)
    Tour de France
    Mille Miglia
    Ialia days zandvoort (Holland)

Usa :

Pebble beach
    Cavallino

11. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Cavallino is nice and has great cars. Not much for a party but we will change this from now on. This year the Friday night party / dinner will be at Rachels, a gentlemens club with the best steaks in town. Female guest more than welcome. My wife is coming as well. You will find more in the Florida section on F-Chat

Pebble Beach I can not comment. I will make it this year. I have not yet 100% secured the tickets but expect to be set monday. Will rent an RV for a few days and drive to the canyons as well (to keep the wife happy).

New Orleans, I still kick myself for not having been able to make this year. I hope John will let me in 2004. I may have to get special letters from some friends in high places. Roland I am looking in your direction :)
    Ray will hopefully help a fellow squid as well :)
    From what we know New Orleans will become THE event I guess.

For me it is about nice people. Meeting some great folks that want to hang and have a great time.

12. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Martin, which events are you planning to go to?

DrTax

13. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I havent been to NarLins yet so Martin & I have to go next year & see what all the fuss is about :) Martin are we driving the Fcars there or sending them ?

Dr Tax, for spectating I would suggest Lime Rock bcus you can see half the track from the top of the hill. The Glen is a great track but you cant see much of its 2.5 + miles

14. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Thanks William, but I meant to phrase the question differently. Namely, as a driver, which event do you like best. (I'm guessing the Glen cause you can really turn loose your Mad Max TR on that long straight.) And which event pulls more cars.

thx

15. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Martin, is the Sat. concours worth a fly in and fly out on Sun? I appreciate the Friday nite titty bar invite, but I figure that Florida silicon looks pretty much like Texas silicon.

And yes, you South Fla guys need to come to the New Orleans shindig because it is about meeting folks and having a great time.

DrTax

16. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Goodwood Festival of Speed
    Goodwood Revival
    Pebble/Montery Historics

17. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Yes, I had forgotten about Goodwood. It is definitly on the check off list. Now, where did I put that list?

DrTax

18. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    where is Goodwood?

19. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Lime Rock is my home track & I know it better than WG< I love Big Bend & I have a healthy respect for the downhill.

No doubt WG is the Queen of the NE as far as tracks go

20. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    England. Search the archives. It is supposed to be one of the "Top 5" short list of things that every car nut must do before the long goodbye.

DrTax

William, so I can assume that you will be there with your monster?

21. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Yes I should be at LRP, WG, Monterey with the 512TR race car. Cavallino & Narlins with the 512TR road car

22. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    The top Ferrari events for the year 2003 are the ones to which I went:

Australian Grand Prix
    Ortega Run
    Queen’s Indy Grand Prix

In 2004, I hope there are more, maybe 10.

12 cylinders are best!

23. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    How'd you do that? I thought tickets were to go on sale in April.

My thoughts precisely! Given their desire for more old cars rather than new ones, I'm not sure if my new CS will be an asset or a liability for getting in!

24. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Note, in building your list, that NORMALLY the FCA national event is separate from Monterey Historics + Pebble Beach + Concourso Italiano (those three being coincident). So, they should appear separately on your list.

However, once every 10 years, the FCA national event is held in Monterey in coordination with the above... and the above give special focus to Ferraris... they feature Ferraris. So, with all that focus, even MORE F-car people show up... meaning even more F-cars than normal in the parking lots.

FCA2004 is one of those 10-year events. So, its probably worth a separate entry on the top of your list... though its not every year.

BTW, if you haven't already booked your hotel for MH+PB+CI, you should probably hurry!

Brian